Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Idiots ruin hunting trip.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If he is making that noise on his own property you won't be able to do much.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Spike

i believe in mich. they can still ticket you for hunter harassment even on your own property, It has to do with intent, and since things like driving a quad around and barking like a dog are not normal its not hard to prove.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

I've never heard of this "Peter Fiduccia" guy , but I'm a southern boy.

One of you folks that know who he is— Go to his web site and tell him about this post and see what happens.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Spike

Thom, I had the exact same idea. Post this thread on his site.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by remmy123

...since things like driving a quad around and barking like a dog are not normal its not hard to prove.
Ok, say you're right, of which I think you're wrong...

... prove it.

Say this happened to you instead. Now what?

You said it's not hard to prove, correct? I'm curious as to how you'd go about this? I'm sure the OP would appreciate it and we can learn from it as well.... in the event something like this happens to one of us.

iSnipe
Old 11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

In mich, the dnr have to prove very little, in a case like this the dnr shows up to a harassment complaint and observes the subject cruising around on the property line barking like a dog, having never seen this before the officer concludes that this is not normal behavior at wich time he also concludes that this is likely intended to bother the hunter who made the complaint, the officer writes the ticket and its game over for the mad barker.
Since you really cant put a bark in an evidence bag I was assuming that the officer would be there to see it for him self at some point and that would be all the evidence needed.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

remmy123,

Hindsight sees 20/20.

You're bending the situation as it really happened to fit your situation so the question can be answered.

There's a problem though. You said it wouldn't be hard to prove. I asked about what if it happened to you? Like it is past tense... "happened".

This already happened. There are no DNR officials around. There are no wildlife officials, etc, around to see what has already transpired. Since there was no official there to monitor what has taken place, then it's he said, she said... one word over another.

You're taking into consideration there is an official witness there. Well, that's easy!... but we're talking something that has taken place and there's no one there to witness anything... or anyone there that can substantiate what went on.

I thought maybe you had an angle I wasn't considering or knew of.

Thanks for the reply.

iSnipe
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

hey fellas.
i wasnt trying to start a whole thing here. anyways thanks for your advice. I did call the DEC which is the same as DNR here for us in NY. Its hard to prove it, as some have stated unless i had my video camera on. The last few days he hasnt done it. it was just that one day. i could be sure he will do it again on the weekend when he has his paying guests at his ranch. I dont want to name the fellow. and you could all be mad at me for that, i dont care. I just wanted a place to vent.. and my brothers here always seem to listen, calm me down, or bite down my neck. either way i really truly hope it doesnt happen again, although im sure it will. its been a few years, different tactics. Could you imagine sittin on stand and hearing music blastin from a quad driving around the property lines? put yourselves in my situation. sucks. Were getting together with some of the other neighbors and thinking what we can do besides contacting the DEC which we did earlier this morning. but.. without proof its hard.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by RuLzU
...you could all be mad at me for that, i dont care.
Yeah! I like that.... matter of fact, LOVE IT!

You've just been recruited on my team. LOL!

====================

Had a guy do almost the same thing, except he would walk up his fence line and pull on the fence, making it squeak... about 45 minutes before last light. His property was bordered by 80 acres of state land and he did this to prevent deer from leaving his property to the state 80. He did this SEVERAL times a year. We figured he knew we were there by sending his kids over on 3-wheelers during prime time!

For proof next time, I believe if several of you got together, that would be proof enough, as far as witnesses go. However, he's on his property so you guys would be SOL. A video camera would collect the proof you need as well.

Personally I'd concede I would have no legal recourse, but to catch his act on video would be worth a lot more to him than you! You can sell it back to him along with getting things understood. LOL!

iSnipe

(yawn... back to sleep. LOL!)
Old 11-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

With him being a neighbor, I cant blame you with not posting. He could potentially claim defamation of character or some such legal bs. I would contact your game authorities. In NY, his actions would be considered harrasment of wildlife and interfereing with legal hunting activities, for which he would be ticketed, and obviously very negative publicity. A publicly seen hunting personality participating in anti-hunting activities? Hmm, seems it would be very bad for him...
Catch a video of him, give him a copy, and mention..."you can see this on Youtube tomorrow if you dont cut the s...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.