Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
idiots give hunters a bad name again >

idiots give hunters a bad name again

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

idiots give hunters a bad name again

Old 11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Spike

Default idiots give hunters a bad name again

As I was driving to town this morning I was looking for deer in the fields and was disapointed that I did not see any. Seemed like the perfect morning for deer. What I did see was 2 doe hides and a pile of bones in the ditch at the edge of town. Once again proving to the anti hunter groups what a bunch of bumbling idiots we all are. Well most of us know we are not. But that is just how the public sees us when they see something like that. I did pull over hoping to see that they were stupid enough to leave their tag still on it..They were'nt. So not wanting to have a pile in my rig all day I figured I would stop on the way home and clean it up. Someone beat me to it and the pile was gone on the way home though.
My point is how stupid can a person be. I mean you shot that deer in the woods. Why not put the hide and the bones back in a holler there. It makes great coyote bait, and the antis wont have any fuel for their fire.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many people don't think beyond their own little world and have no concerns what their actions may cause to the sport of hunting. I see gut piles and carcasses all over the place this time of year. We do have laws against that here as well, because the carcass is suppose to be landfill material... as if placing what is natural back in the woods is a terrible thing. It's how and where people dispose of the stuff that gets me. Yes, the varmints and winged critters will get rid of the rest just fine, but when it's in plastic and card board boxes, it makes a mess and sits there much longer instead of just placing it somewhere out of view for nature to take it's course.

iSnipe
Old 11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems to be getting worse and worse every season! I can't believe the number of slob hunters these days and they wonder why more and more people are closing their doors to hunters!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Spike

I have to agree with you on that. When I harvest a deer I bury the hide and bones and use all the meat that I can!! What I do with the neck and leg bones is feed to my dogs! If people keep that up we may lose our hunting rights!! That's not good!