Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting/Hunting Magazine

Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

north american whitetail
deer and deer hunting
petersens hunting
Old 11-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Spike

for learning deer and deer hunting is the best. for reading hunting stories north american whitetail by far both mags are worth the subsciption
Old 11-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Spike

I try to find as many local mags. as possible, nothing wrong with reading about hunting deer in river bottoms out west but when it comes to strategy that dosnt help me much in mich.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is deer and deer hunting. For bowhunting I like petersens bowhunting and bowhunting world.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Deer & Deer Hunting if you want to learn about deer. Its worth the money to buy those back issues on CD.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
Deer & Deer Hunting if you want to learn about deer. Its worth the money to buy those back issues on CD.
Personally Deer & Deer Hunting is to analytical for me. I know you want to learn everything about the WT deer but sometimes they just go to far talking about amino acids in deer and just some other stuff that the common hunter could care less about or doesn't need to know. To make it worse the show stinks too.

Petersons all the way
Old 11-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I buy Deer & Deer Hunting also and they have a lot of great information in their magazines and some really nice pictures of Deer.Sure some of the articles get a little in-depth but its nice to know about the feeding habits of Deer,what really happens to them when they are injured/shot and how their blood clots to help them survive.I also buy some of the Bow Hunting magazines but most cover Elk,Bear and Antelope which I don't hunt or really care to read about!Our local State magazine is Missouri Game and Fish and they cover Deer Hunting,Fishing,Game Birds,Varmit Hunting and some trapping too!North American Whitetail is a good magazine and "Racks" has some really great stories about Individuals Deer Hunting and their stories!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer and Deer Hunting.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt be so quick to believe everything you read in D&DH. just because the writers sound knowledgeable, doesnt mean the info. in there is going to help you understand& kill a real wild deer . the theories they write about in D&DH are just that ,theories, and very few have proved themselves true in my hunting experience. Ive read articles by C. Alshiemer about moon phase, early rut predictions, "Lock down" breeding phase,etc. none of them ever proved true IMO. all I can really say I know about deer w/ certainty is, deer are unpredictable, will often prove the "experts" theories wrong.

If you really want to read a common sense magazine about hunting and the outdoors, I would suggest FurFish&Game.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys a lot of great information here!