Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Which side has five on your mainframe nine?? >

Which side has five on your mainframe nine??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which side has five on your mainframe nine??

Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which side has five on your mainframe nine??

My brothers and I are wondering if there is some sort of statistic out there that shows which side is more dominant to have the fifth tine on mainframe nine's. All the nine points that I have seen have the fifth tine on the right side. I'm not talking about sticker points, I'm talking mainframe. So I pose the question to you as an informal survey, which side is the fifth tine on your buck?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of such a statistic and have no basis to even come close to hazard a guess either way.

I would think if there was a poll, you have to factor in percentage of error, because you can grab some results, but as you go further, those statistics will vary and if there was an ultimate resolution to the question, I'm thinking it will be a 50/50 split.

iSnipe
Old 11-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my opinion it has more to do with genetics as to having odd points on one side or another...

We have one farm where this is very common, sometimes it's the left side, sometimes the right...
Old 11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
In my opinion it has more to do with genetics as to having odd points on one side or another...
Ok. Note taken, but what else could it be if not for genetics? That seems the only answer and I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Thanks,

iSnipe
Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

C/Mon iSnipe, no need to be like that!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SRBowman
C/Mon iSnipe, no need to be like that!!
It's obvious you're reading into something here that is not there. It's not my fault you goofed on what you "thought" you were reading. From now on I highly suggest you know the situation before you make comments that don't make sense... like you have above. Be like what? Ask questions? Give me a break. LOL! I suggest it's best to leave me alone. Thanks.

I see the only logical answer to this question is about genetics, but I felt it was obvious, so I didn't mention it, plus it was never asked if it was. Therefore, since I feel genetics is the only obvious answer, there may be more than the obvious... and I wouldn't know that unless I ASK.

Since I know nchawkeye knows his stuff, from reading several of his replies, he's the one that iterated the obvious, so I pondered him a question, if not for genetics, what else could it be? Besides, his reply doesn't fit the context of the line of questioning. Nothing was mentioned nor asked about genetics, but if there was some sort of statistic out there that showed having an extra point be on one side more than the other. He states on a farm sometimes it's on the right and sometimes on the left. Well? Of course. That's a given, but it doesn't answer the question or tries to... just some comments.

iSnipe
Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have killed one typical 9 pt. the right side carries the extra tine.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

The nine-point I shot last year had five on his left side.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never thought about it before but I went back and checked and the three 9 ptrs I have killed all had the 5 on the right side.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine this year was on the deer's left side. Can't remember what last year's was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.