Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
NW Ontario or Wisconsin Monster-Real? >

NW Ontario or Wisconsin Monster-Real?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NW Ontario or Wisconsin Monster-Real?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, it doesn't look right. Not sure if the head is fully propped against the tree or the guy's leg, but the guy looks like he's barely trying to hold the head up. Right pinky isn't really even being applied.

Even when you cover the head and the man up (anything that be used to scale the animal), the body just looks completely unnatural. Maybe it's just a freak of nature. Or an experiment. Wouldn't surprise me. Nothing does, these days.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

Talked to freinds in Dryden. Apparently fake, or they havent heard of something of that caliber taken down. Now that you mention it, where the rack is attatched to the skull, looks pretty choppy.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there was such a thing all the major magazines would be all over it. Have not heard or seen anything about it yet.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

I would really like to find out more about this and hear if it is actually true or not. What a monster!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Spike

This is a half true post, by the looks of it to me. There was a deer shot (poached in dryden ) i have seen pics and never seen this one, the 400 lbs thing is completely untrue. the only real pics are with conservations officers and of the buck in the dryden museum where the mount is.

The Dryden Buck Score is 223 gr 199 7/8 net green score. (Ontario Record)
The buck you see was shot illegally in Dryden, Ontario. Even though it was taken illegally, the whitetail itself can still be entered into the Boone-Crockett record books as taken by an unknown hunter. The deer gets the glory, the poacher gets nothing. It's an Ontario record. In Ontario, by law, all hunting rifles must be in their case with a trigger lock at dark. The hunter that took this beautiful buck was chasing him for hours and decided to keep up the hunt. He took the deer 1/2 hour after the legal cut-off time for hunting and on private property. The worse thing is the poacher abandoned the deer to rot. Luckily MNR Agents were better hunters then the poachers and quickly closed in on them and made the arrest.
Attached Thumbnails NW Ontario or Wisconsin Monster-Real?-dryden-buck.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

here is another pic of the mount from the museum
Attached Thumbnails NW Ontario or Wisconsin Monster-Real?-dryden_buck2.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by OntElk
The rumour is this deer was shot legally and from the same area of north Western Ontario.
OntElk, you need to check your soarces BEFORE you post this crap! I posted this deer on an Ontario site and never mentioned anything about it coming from Dryden, or Canada for that matter.
And yes Guys, it is real. It was taken within a high fence operation in northern Wisconsin. 440 lbs live weight. For all you PhotoShop experts...you better go back to school.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I vote fake
Old 11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two words come to mind:

FAKE PICTURE
Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Fake or not....
Could you just imagine the BACKSTRAPS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.