Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Good Day in Va. until I got home..... >

Good Day in Va. until I got home.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Good Day in Va. until I got home.....

Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good Day in Va. until I got home.....

Well I just read an article on a hunting accident and I would like to share. It was on a colleges property and three people were out tracking turtles and someone tresspassing shot, and killed one, and wounded another student and he thought they were deer!

O.K. we need to help each other hunt, there is plenty of land and deer for everyone to share.

Anyways, me and my dad went to Phelps game management area and harvested a doe. It was the only doe day. After resting back at the truck I ran into a couple of rabbit hunters with some beagles and a rabbit. Then a couple guys with a long-haired pointer had a woodcoc*, what a wierd bird. Good luck to all and be safe!

Last edited by Big Buck Dave; 11-21-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That hunter should not be in the woods. I never could understand people shooting other people and thinking they were deer. Obviously they are not paying attention to what they are doing. I also think anyone entering the woods during firearms season should wear some Blaze Orange for safety. You never know who is in the woods even if it's private property. Wearing blaze oragne would would prevent many accidents from happening.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

i cannot understand how you could even make that mistake. If you getting in a low light situation and you cannot make out what's 100yrds away in the woods without being 100% certain what it is , then for god sake , just get down out of the tree and go home.

Then again those are the hunters that just shoot everything that moves through the woods , regardless what it is that's moving.... they have that shoot first ask questions later mentality.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

The bottom line is that if you can see well enough to acquire a target in your sights, you can see well enough to identify it. A lot of these cases should be tried as first degree murder in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
The bottom line is that if you can see well enough to acquire a target in your sights, you can see well enough to identify it. A lot of these cases should be tried as first degree murder in my opinion.

Yeah, as many times as things like this happen every year, it makes me wonder how many these were really accidents.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by corn bread
Yeah, as many times as things like this happen every year, it makes me wonder how many these were really accidents.

none....that type of so called "accident" is inexcusable.i can understand a accident , while maybe bird hunting with a group or something like that , once you are still hunting you should be well aware of what you are aiming your gun at and be aware of whats around you.

im with stonewall on this...prosecute them...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Spike

Default Sick

Someone like this just makes me feel sick to my stomach. There is absolutely no excuse for shooting another human being. This type of happening gives all of us guys a bad name. I have hunted all of my life and bagged well over 100 deer and I never saw a one that I didn't 100% identify before pulling the trigger. None of those had 2 legs either.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Spike

i could see getting hit with a stray bullet in a pressured area. bottom line people dont look like deer, its not that this person thought they were deer, its that he knew they were some living thing and didnt respect life enough to check what kind before he pulled the trigger. this person is to careless and stupid to live in the general population.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

what kinda dumb butt can mistake a person for a deer?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Spike

I'm new here but here is a report from The Washington Post on what happened: washingtonpost.com

Seems he was hunting without a license, on county property (where hunting isn't allowed) and there is no record of him having ever taken a hunter safety course. He even had a scope on his gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.