Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found treestand

Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Found treestand

Guys I found a treestand on some land I just got access to hunt back in the summer,the stand wasn't there 3 days ago and it is clearly in the middle of the property and all property lines was clearly marked with yellow paint back in the summer,so no excuse for it being there.I asked the land owner about it and he told me to take it down,that I was the only one allowed to be hunting this place.So what should I do,just take it down and keep it,or take it down and leave a note on the tree stateing where the owner can pick it up at? Its still up but the land owner wants it taken down tomorrow....What should I do?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

id hunt out of it!think of some way the moron who put it up wont go back and git it!!!what is it a climber im guessing?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Leave a note telling the owner he can bid on it on ebay!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
OCD
Spike

Default Treestand

You should leave a note on the stand for a day and see what happens and if it is not removed then take it down as the owner has stated. I have had this same problem. The company I work for has 200 acres that they have allowed me to hunt on from now on. When I started going up to the land to do some scoutting I found 6 treestands on the land.

No one had the ok to hunt this land. So what I did was leave notes on all of them giving everyone one week to remove their stand and if was not done in that week I would remove them and they could call me to claim them.

Well I had to remove a few and a few guys called me. They tried to tell me lies about they have the right to hunt the land from the original owners or it was written in the sale of the land that they could hunt there. It was somewhat of a issue but all have been removed and I am looking forward to gun season starting Saturday.

The only bad news is I have to work this weekend but will be in the woods on Monday.

Hope it all works out for you and good luck hunting.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

leave a note on it...no sense in being an ass about it...if for some case he hunt the property next door and one of your deer run into his land you may better have him as a "friend" rather then enemy.

that or take it down .... and leave a note with it..that way if you take it down he can't hunt from it either.that's personally what i would do.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I think i'll take it down and put a note in a baggie and pin it to the tree with my phone number on it..Im afraid that if I leave it up that he won't be back to it until this weekend and that is when out rifle season opens,so he wouldn't get it in time to not hunt it.Im trying to be civil about it because I would hate to have one of my stands stolen..
Old 11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have my ways of dealing with people like that. I was walking on our property a few years ago and noticed a treestand back in the woods. So i go up to it and notice it's fairly new because of the screw in steps still have the bar code stickers on them. so i climb to the top and unscrew every single one of the steps, leaving the stand up. that way the owner got a suprise when they walked into the woods the next time. I returned 2 weeks later to see they had made more perminant steps, so i used those steps to take down the stand and take it home.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Spike

We have similar problems where I hunt. I would take it down, and leave no note. If I was feeling generous enough to leave anything it would be a plastic baggie full of fresh ****!!! He obviously knew he was hunting on property that he did not have the right to be hunting.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have some fun w/ the idiot, hang it about 12 feet up, and leave it there w/ no way to get to it, then put about 5 posted signs on that tree.

edit : oops already suggested but still a good idea

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 11-20-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

Leave the person a note of where he can claim his stand. As posted earlier its much better to have a friend than an enemy. You never know you might not be dealing with an "IDIOT" it could be a missinformed kid who can't afford to buy a new stand. Give them the benifit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.