Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found treestand

Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats true. Leaving a note is a good idea. Definitely take it down.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take it down immediately because that is what the landowner wants. If you don't do what the land owner asks you may not be invited back. If the land owner wants it to disappear make it disappear. He probably does not want the trouble of confronting the person that hung it. Bottom line is you are removing a trespasser's stand. Losing a stand is cheaper than losing a stand and being prosecuted for trespassing.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

take it down an put my ex wife's picture and phone # there...just jesting of course. Remove the stand and give it to the property owner to decide what is best to do with it.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Spike

we had that same problem where I work, me and 3 other guys have permission to hunt it, the land is real spread out with alot of neighbors and the property lines were never realy enforced heavily until this year, so everytme we found a stand we would pull it and leave a not with my phone # on it, everyone i talked to was real understanding about it and gave us no trouble whatso ever, I liked doing it like that because it left communication lines open for like someone stated before, a deer run onto there property, and now all the neighbors know we are there and know who can hunt it so they have my # if they see anyone else there or need to track a deer