HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Illinoids Firearm season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/310246-illinoids-firearm-season.html)

blackhawk_archery 11-19-2009 10:08 AM

Illinoids Firearm season

Anyone else going in the morning what is your predictions with all this standing corn?Also has anyone been out bow hunting the past couple mornings if so are they moving I have not been in the timber for a week wanted to let things cool down so I would have some deer come gun season.Rob

Kid 11-19-2009 11:58 AM

Most Corn is out here in Macoupin/Jersey Counties (but not all) and the Bucks seem to be back in "cruise mode" looking for the last few receptive Does. I have seen Bucks the last 2 times I hunted the stand I will be in Friday morning and all seemed to be cruising. Good luck to all gun hunters in Illinois tomorrow morning!

ilyotehunter 11-19-2009 05:53 PM

lots of corn in jersey county. been seeing bucks chasing all last week should be good.

dprsdhunter 11-19-2009 07:55 PM

I will be out hunting Morgan county.
Half the corn is out on the place we will be at.
Dint see much this week during the heavy rain we had.
Im hoping for the best in the morning as the part we are going to has been pretyy much unpressured all year.
Good luck guys and be safe.

Redskin_Archer 11-20-2009 05:11 AM

I am at work and not happy. I'll be out tomorrow morning. But the Nuge is hunting about 5 miles from where I bowhunt, in LaSalle County.

Down&OutHunting 11-20-2009 07:13 PM

i was out in Washington county and seen 14 this morning and 4 this evening and heard about 100 shots this morning it seemed like and maybe 10 this evening. Got real warm mid-day and i finally had to get down around 11 cause i had shed as much as possible and had to go get my lighter gear on. It was almost as if the deer didnt move this evening until right at almost dark.

salukipv1 11-21-2009 02:34 PM

Corn still up in Jo Daviess, father scored on a 10pt, 135" today(saturday)

ilyotehunter 11-21-2009 03:27 PM

i killed a 9 pnter 211 yard shot 12gauge shooting partition gold slugs. i had to rush the shot and only had a side view of the buck. it was smaller than i thought.

my dad shot a 8 pnter 50 yard shot

HNI_Christine 11-21-2009 04:21 PM

I got this doe on public land in Tazewell county on opening morning. :D

I counted 140 shots by 11:30am. When I left the hunting area there were 10-11 deer brought in. Actually a very high number. Surprising because it's surrounded by standing corn... there's even standing corn in the hunting area.

CarolinaBuckman 11-21-2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine (Post 3508613)
I got this doe on public land in Tazewell county on opening morning. :D

I counted 140 shots by 11:30am. When I left the hunting area there were 10-11 deer brought in. Actually a very high number. Surprising because it's surrounded by standing corn... there's even standing corn in the hunting area.

140 shots.wow.I would looking for a big tree to hide behind.