Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illinoids Firearm season

Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Illinoids Firearm season

Anyone else going in the morning what is your predictions with all this standing corn?Also has anyone been out bow hunting the past couple mornings if so are they moving I have not been in the timber for a week wanted to let things cool down so I would have some deer come gun season.Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Most Corn is out here in Macoupin/Jersey Counties (but not all) and the Bucks seem to be back in "cruise mode" looking for the last few receptive Does. I have seen Bucks the last 2 times I hunted the stand I will be in Friday morning and all seemed to be cruising. Good luck to all gun hunters in Illinois tomorrow morning!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

lots of corn in jersey county. been seeing bucks chasing all last week should be good.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out hunting Morgan county.
Half the corn is out on the place we will be at.
Dint see much this week during the heavy rain we had.
Im hoping for the best in the morning as the part we are going to has been pretyy much unpressured all year.
Good luck guys and be safe.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Spike

I am at work and not happy. I'll be out tomorrow morning. But the Nuge is hunting about 5 miles from where I bowhunt, in LaSalle County.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

i was out in Washington county and seen 14 this morning and 4 this evening and heard about 100 shots this morning it seemed like and maybe 10 this evening. Got real warm mid-day and i finally had to get down around 11 cause i had shed as much as possible and had to go get my lighter gear on. It was almost as if the deer didnt move this evening until right at almost dark.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Corn still up in Jo Daviess, father scored on a 10pt, 135" today(saturday)
Old 11-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

i killed a 9 pnter 211 yard shot 12gauge shooting partition gold slugs. i had to rush the shot and only had a side view of the buck. it was smaller than i thought.

my dad shot a 8 pnter 50 yard shot
Old 11-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

I got this doe on public land in Tazewell county on opening morning.

I counted 140 shots by 11:30am. When I left the hunting area there were 10-11 deer brought in. Actually a very high number. Surprising because it's surrounded by standing corn... there's even standing corn in the hunting area.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
I got this doe on public land in Tazewell county on opening morning.

I counted 140 shots by 11:30am. When I left the hunting area there were 10-11 deer brought in. Actually a very high number. Surprising because it's surrounded by standing corn... there's even standing corn in the hunting area.
140 shots.wow.I would looking for a big tree to hide behind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.