Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illinoids Firearm season

Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Between my two buddies and I, we havent seen one deer yet...heard a lot of shots, but havent seen any in the back of trucks either...
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My youngest son killed this doe Friday. Only action we had all weekend.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Finally got the job done last night. My cousin and I were sitting in a box stand that we made and we get there about 2:00, at 2:05pm four does came blazing through the field, tried stopping them but they were scared of something...so then about 3:50pm we were talking about how bad our land is, five minuted later here comes two does running straight towards us. My cousin jumps up, shoves his gun out the window, blasts the one in front in the chest and drops it. The doe that was following turns around to run the other way, goes about 10 feet stops and realizes her friend is laying on the ground, started walking back to it, I shove my gun out the window, blast her in the neck and dropped her. This all happened in about 15 seconds. We were so excited we started cheering and went running out of our stand to them...haha

Not our biggest by any means but it was a pretty cool hunt.

We sat there for three days, heard numerous shots, didnt see one deer...took what we could get. Meat in the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Illinoids Firearm season-11-22-09-jake.jpg   Illinoids Firearm season-11-22-09.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was on our lease in Brown County, I killed a 130" 10 pointer on the opener of the shotgun season, not many shots heard
Old 11-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The harvest wasn't down as much as I actually thought it would be. I seen the totals today and the state was only down around 6,000 deer.

In our hunting party, sightings were waaaayyy down from any previous season and not a single mature buck was even sighted.

My oldest son (10 yo) did manage to take his first buck so I was extremely pleased about that!

I'm already looking forward to what the second half and muzzleloader seasons will produce. They can only get better for us!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Killed two does on Sunday. In our group, 5 bucks were killed out of 15 hunters. 4 mature deer, one oops. Sightings were way down, but there is a TON of corn still in, so hopefully second season brings back some of those bucks that were being seeing all bow season and on the cameras.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry for the late reply,nice kills you all.