Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

carolina hunter dies

Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Beezer
If it's the one in Woodruff, a few on the SCDNR forum are saying he was found shot wearing camo in the woods. Other than that, nothing else has apparently been said.
His initials were J.K.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by StraightArrowNY
Do you get it?
I do now after writing that long novel out trying to explain yourself... something you neglected to do in the first place. Had you taken the time to sort out your intention, then halfbaked won't be half-c***ed after he gets back to here to see your reply.

Then he's going to open a can o' whoop-arse on you.

LOL!

iSnipe
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Perhaps he will. But I hope he would continue to read. I thought you, of all people, would "get it"

Let's re-direct this conversation to your new thread. It's more appropriate there.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I thought you, of all people, would "get it"
I do!

Just

iSnipe
Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your friend and his son. I know how hard it is to lose somebody that close. I'm sorry, I haven't heard anything regarding the situation.

Halfbaked.... Sometimes I disagree with what you post but don't comment because this is a forum that encourages opinion. However, in this case you are quoting statistics so I feel I have to chime in.

Statistics are almost always misleading. Especially the type that you reference in your post. What you fail to consider is the number of lives that are saved by safety harnesses. This is a number that is impossible to quantify because I'm sure that very few people that have experienced a fall while wearing a harness has notified any statasticians about their experience.

Do you really think that only 12 people have fallen from their treestand while wearing a harness? How many have died or been paralyzed from a fall without wearing a harness?

It's unfortunate that stats like the ones you posted are even available for the public to view. These types of stats only give a tiny fraction of the information necessary to make a decision. It doesn't matter if you're talking about safety harnesses, seatbelts, construction helmets, consumption of raw oysters, H1N1....... All statistics can be presented in a way that tells the story that is intended to be heard.

My point is, don't rely solely on simple statistics like yours to make your decisions. There is always more to it.

In this case I think your post is irresponsible. But that won't keep me from reading your future posts.
I think he was just noting that people have died from hanging in the tree after a fall and that just wearing a harness dont mean you're in the clear. You still have another task to do... get on the ground.

If you have a cell phone with you, it should be in a pocket that is easily accessible if you are going to be hanging or suffering from any injury for that matter. Some people take their phones and other things out of their pockets when they get in the stand to get more comfortable. If you cant get to your phone, youre pretty much screwed, unless you have someone coming back to get you.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about that, my thoughts are with ya.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Update...

I am not sure how it happened. But when he didn't show up at home, his wife called friends who went and found him under his stand. I heard the cause of death was a broken neck.

As far as the safety strap issue going on, I will gladly take my last 7 minutes hanging there trying to figure out a solution rather than the 1 second I have trying to figure out how to hit the ground right.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

How horrible.

So he wasn't wearing a safety harness?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will continue wearing my safety harness. At least I can grab the tree, unsnap some of the buckles or cut loose and slide down. Sure you will get rashed and bruised up but falling would be much worse.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Straight arrow you are a funny guy, you just tore him apart I wouldnt even have been able to comment back if you said that to me lol and thats saying something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.