HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Bowhunting or Rifle hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/310087-bowhunting-rifle-hunting.html)

scribbler444 11-17-2009 06:56 PM

Bowhunting or Rifle hunting?

Whats up guys just wanted to know which season you guys enjoyed more bow season or rifle season? I personally enjoy bow season I hunt more then twice as much in bow season than rifle season you see more deer and its just more challening. I would be perfectly fine if rifle season did not exist but thats just me

cwanty03 11-17-2009 07:08 PM

likewise!!!

IL-Cornfed 11-17-2009 07:17 PM

I enjoy hunting with both my Mathews DXT and my T/C Encore Pro Hunter muzzleloader.

I won't show an elitist attitude toward one or the other because we are ALL on the same side here.... right?

Good luck to everybody, regardless of your weapon choice!

jtl60047 11-17-2009 08:28 PM

Don't have access to "Gunable" property, but would love to gun hunt. The county that I hunt in is "Bow Only"

I have a neighbor that hunts ALL of the deer seasons in Illinois - Archery, Shotgun (I and II), Muzzleloader and Handgun season.

I'd really like to try a rifle state for deer.

Frankly, any excuse to get outside and hunt is a good "Season"!

Bow Only Guys, we really need to support the gun guys on issues that pop up. Can tell you that the little ol lady that that supports gun bans would love to eliminate all hunting next - then any type of weapon.

skiking 11-17-2009 09:29 PM

I do have to say I love both. The challenge of getting in real close to game during bow season, or trudging through the snow in search of high country mule deer and elk during rifle season. Both are fun in their own ways.

iSnipe 11-17-2009 10:28 PM

Just because someone likes bowhunting over rifle hunting or vice-versa is not an elitist attitude.

I loved bowhunting way more than I ever did rifle hunting. I got 3x or more of hunting in and I too saw more deer. However, I love rifle hunting as well and if I never bowhunted again, I'd miss it, but then I'd just grab my rifle and head for the deer woods without missing a beat. LOL! Hunting is hunting and the weapon one chooses to pursue deer shouldn't be a bone of contention... of less of course there are those out there having problems with someone having a preference of one over the other, then calling it an elitist attitude.

iSnipe

aharley1 11-18-2009 03:25 AM

My preference is rifle, but if I say more, there'll be rocks thrown my way!

DeerandbearhoG 11-18-2009 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by iSnipe (Post 3505908)

I loved bowhunting way more than I ever did rifle hunting. I got 3x or more of hunting in and I too saw more deer.

iSnipe

I tried to make this point in the "hunting myths" thread a couple months ago, but after ? how many pages of "yeah but the gun can shoot farther so it easier":rolleye0011: I gave up. how can bowhunting be more of a challenge if you see more game and have more time to hunt?:bash: getting back to this topic, I just love wack'n deer and I love bows and guns so I dont have a favorite, I love it all:woot: That said, I dont think we as hunters should wish any part of our ranks to not exist, wether they be bow,rifle, Xbows or inline hunters because our #s are already decreasing every year , some may say "great more land and deer for me" wrong! the less hunters there are, the less strength we have in ensuring future seasons, there is a huge anti hunting movement out there. go on YT and check out the comments in hunting videos, it scary stuff. People may enjoy bowhunting more than gun hunting and thats fine, but gun hunting is an American tradition, which in case you havent noticed are few and far between these days:nonono2:

mi_fiveo 11-18-2009 04:07 AM

I live for bowhunting but I will still hunt with the rifle. Both are enjoyable but taking a deer at close range with a bow is more satisfying to me.

SWThomas 11-18-2009 04:08 AM

Being that I don't have a bow, my choice is obvious. Plus, here in Zone 6 of SC we don't have those special seasons on private land. From Aug 15 - Jan 1 you can use whatever you want to hunt with.