Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bowhunting or Rifle hunting?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm strictly a meat hunter, shotgun and muzzleloader, bow season to me is just another two months to hunt. I like shooting my bow, but I don't get real excited about hunting in muggy bug filled weather.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow hunting for me, i find myself less interested in rifle hunting year after year. But that dosent mean i dont enjoy it.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Like so many others, I hunt deer with many different weapons, Bow, Rifle, Shotgun and Muzzle loader. In this household we eat a lot of venison, because we like it. But if I had to choose it would be a Bow. Bow hunting is so much less unpressured and after your settled in nature and everything about it is normal, like your not even there. It provides the quaility me time I need to keep myself sane in this messed up world. But the bottom line is having a full freezer, so until I have to choose, I will continue to do it all as long as I can.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Rifle but only because I have a perfectly healthy obsession with guns and love to hear the crack of a rifle. I bow hunt only because it allows me to hunt longer.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

I love both but enjoy bow hunting more.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

i gave up bowhuntin,so rifle,shotgun,all the way for me.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Bowhunting for the solitude, and chances to see tons of deer. Rifle for the mental health break during the Thanksgiving thru Christmas chaos, spending time with my father, and the greater chances of someone trotting late in and early out.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I enjoy rifle, just cause there's more tradition in it. But bow season is def more intense.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow hunting. I really only gun hunt because of my dad, giving him some company in the stand for a few hours. I actually prefer duck,goose,turkey, squirrel hunting to gun deer hunting anymore. Way too many weekend warriors. I know many of the guys and girls who hunt around me don't even sight in their rifles from year to year. Hmm i wonder why they wound deer each year? If it was my land I would say something but it's not, so I keep my mouth shut and duck my head.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by whitetail_fanatic
Rifle but only because I have a perfectly healthy obsession with guns and love to hear the crack of a rifle. I bow hunt only because it allows me to hunt longer.
Same here. The only reason I own a bow is for the fact I get to hunt 5 weeks earlier with it. I really don't see a bow kill much differently than a rifle kill either, I'm equally happy with both. I was amazed at first by bow kills(like most here), but it faded after the bow kills started to rack up.