HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Pics of Your Enclosed Stands? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/310011-pics-your-enclosed-stands.html)

minnesotadeer 11-17-2009 06:39 AM

Pics of Your Enclosed Stands?

So after getting a playhouse built in the spring, I'm thinking of finally building an enclosed, elevated box blind on our property. It will be in a strategic spot in the woods inbetween a couple of sloughs/bedding areas and I'm thinking of going 6x6 feet for the floor about 8 feet off the ground. I was thinking of a basic box design with a horizontal gun and vertical bow window on each side. I have these elevator brackets I'll use to attach the 4x4 legs to the blind itself.

Any pics or tips in building one will be much appreciated. I'm thinking of just going with a basic design and then souping it up in the years to come, adding frills like shelves and what not inside.

Windog1 11-18-2009 05:35 AM

I don't have pics of mine, but one thing I can recomend is make sure you make it all enough to stand up in. I made that mistake and I a now stuck with it for a few more years until I build a new one.

Windog1 11-18-2009 05:39 AM

Oh and I recomend putting actual shingles on the roof and slant it for the rain to run off. The shingles will ensure that its dry all year long. You can usually pick up a few scrap shingles at a job site. You only need about 10 to cover the whole roof.

Unclemeat 11-18-2009 05:59 AM

We use scaffolding for the base. It is metal so it doesnt rot, plus it is very sturdy. We even run some cables with turnbuckles to nearby trees. It lets you pick your height too. we have some that are two sections and others that are three high.

minnesotadeer 11-18-2009 11:30 AM

MAN! Those are some sweet pics of stands, NOT! : ) Just bumping this to see if anyone has any. Thanks for the tips, though so far, guys.

IL-Cornfed 11-18-2009 11:46 AM

Here are a couple of the "Shootin' Houses" we built this year.

Sittin over a nice little isolated foodplot with a large standing cornfield on top of the hill.

Here's just a simple ground blind we placed on a field edge

Here's the other elevated blind that sits a good distance back in our timber.

We even added a bow window on the back side of this blind and it works great.

A closer look at our sliding window kits

from the inside.... looks different now though.... we've added more carpet, shelves, hanging hooks, chairs and heaters in all our blinds.

marquismarc 11-18-2009 02:30 PM

^^^^^^^
nice blinds!!

Team Catfish 11-18-2009 04:27 PM

Here is one me and the boys built this summer. It is so nice to have them in a lil shootin house like this.......I really enjoy it!

Here is the proof that it works!

4x8 floor is big enough to get 4 folks in so MaMa is goin next time!

OK gun season starts Saturday.........I am planning on spending a lot of hours in this thing next week waitin on ole mossy horns to show up........

jeep4x4greg 11-19-2009 11:26 AM

heres the one i built this year..... for bow hunting only which is why i have such big open space on the front and right side

I "finished" it a week after the season started...blah....so its not "finished"....I plan to add a real roof and a better wall to sit against (break up my silouette) in the spring/summer.

its up on a pretty steep and terraced hill...so its pretty high over the food plot in front of it...

I used vertical strips of burlap for the front and then hung the burlap on the sides to provide a better background....

from the perspective where i took the pic, i sit in the back left corner with my back to the wall and have shooting options to the front and far right side. behind and to the left of the pic is not much for shooting lanes....but theres never deer traffic there anyway.

TimberWolves 11-19-2009 12:09 PM

Deer Blind

this is our first attempt in our oppion it came out great.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...bucket/005.jpg