Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

7 Year Old's 1st Buck (pic)

Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool. I can't wait 'till my oldest is ready to go. She's only 3 now and I've been trying to talk the wife into letting me take her next season to private land, just to watch Daddy. I doubt she'll be able to sit still long enough to get one close, but maybe we'll be able to see a few, and that's good enough for me.

OP, how old was your son the first time you took him out? How old when you were teaching him how to shoot, and what rifle did you get him?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations to the young man. Great to teach um young.
Chris
Old 11-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

WTG, Danny!...........Congrat's
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started him shooting a BB gun at about 3 or 4. At 5, I got him a Keystone Crickett .22LR. Over that offseason, I started him shooting my old 410. He got a squirrel at 6 with that. We also developed some mild-kicking 308 Win handloads and he started shooting my wife's Savage Youth/Womens rifle. We went deer hunting once last year but got nothing.

This weekend, he shot full strength 270 and 30-06 loads and didn't mind them at all. Tougher than I was at that age