Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How big is your hunting party? >

How big is your hunting party?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How big is your hunting party?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I think it's kind of depressing that many of you don't share the woods with anyone? I mean, what about your Dad or other family members..... what about passing along the tradition to the next generation, don't any of you have kids??? My gun season is shared with my Father and my 3 kids and I wouldn't have it any other way! A great part of the fun of deer season is having people to share the experience with, in my humble opinion.

I agree with you. I have just as much fun in camp at night playing cards and talking smack as I do in the woods. I think I'm one of the lucky few that have 3 generations that still go hunting. I get to hunt with my grandpa, dad, uncles and a couple cousins. I am hoping that if my daughter wants to go hunting when she gets old enough, and if my grandpa can still go hunting, so we can have 4 generations hunting together.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brushbustin
I have no kids,My dad quit hunting probably 15 years ago,maybe longer,and my half brothers don't hunt,and nobody else in the family hunts,except for my douche bag brother in law,and he is the main reason I hunt exclusivly solo!! Im not against taking new people hunting,just have no one to take.I take my fiance every now and then,when I can talk her into it.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when I do have kids,that I will be takeing them into the woods and showing them to hunt,if they want to and if the good lord blesses me with children.. But at the moment,im 100% solo..

I'm right there with ya....I used to deer hunt with my brother...but he moved a few states away and is too busy with the wife and step kid.

dad doesn't hunt anymore and also lives a few states away.

no kids just yet, but I do plan to bring them when I have them and they are old enough.

now...when it comes to non-deer hunting....pheasant, squirrel, rabbit, etc.....that's more of a group activity when I can round up enough people. I have a few local friends that join me for that. everyone around here seems to have their own solo deer hunting spot already.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have always liked hunting with my dad and friends in an area, but usually in separate stands. Back in the 70's and early 80's we hunted in large groups and drove mile sections, pushing deer out everywhere. Back then though the whole country was open to all and the deer were few, so you had to push em hard to maybe see em. Now we are over run with deer and nobody will let you hunt anywhere because it is all leased to guys who only shoot big bucks, so many locals are forced to poach to make it through the winter. I just wish everyone would put up a welcome sign to hunters after the buck season is done, for the week long antlerless season. I lease land myself, because it was either that or road hunt. But when the Non-resident hunters go home with their bucks and antlerless only season begins everyone may hunt here with permission until my management goals are met. In a couple days my daughter and I will share a stand for a couple days and then she will probably hunt with her boyfriend the second weekend. My dad has given up the hunt, my business partner is making himself unwelcome, and so I have my bro inlaw maybe to hunt with and friends/hunting clients from Georgia to visit with after the hunt. It is very different from what it used to be.