Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How big is your hunting party? >

How big is your hunting party?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How big is your hunting party?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Spike

7-16 hunters.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

My hunting party consists of the people I invite over to look at my deer after I've killed it. Until then I am by myself.

I have taken a guy hunting for his first time, but it was squirrel hunting. He got tired of sitting still after about 45 minutes, so I am not sure if I'll be taking him deer hunting.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's kind of depressing that many of you don't share the woods with anyone? I mean, what about your Dad or other family members..... what about passing along the tradition to the next generation, don't any of you have kids??? My gun season is shared with my Father and my 3 kids and I wouldn't have it any other way! A great part of the fun of deer season is having people to share the experience with, in my humble opinion.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

This year we will have 15 in Deer Camp, We put up a big Tent and some bring Campers. Great Time, Our opener is Nov. 15th here in Mich. I'm leaving Thursday Morning to beat the crowd. All packed up and ready to pull out at 5:00 am.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Most of the time I hunt alone but what can stink sometimes is when I do bag something like the Buck in my avitar "Yesterday morning" I had to drag him out myself. Sucker weighed 173 lbs and had to drag him 250 yards. Really wished I had some help cuz he felt like he weighed 300 lbs! When I do hunt with others it is only with a choosen few. My brother and a couple of friends. We have been hunting together many years and so we trust each other to do all the right things. So far 5 deer between us and it ain't over yet!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I think it's kind of depressing that many of you don't share the woods with anyone? I mean, what about your Dad or other family members..... what about passing along the tradition to the next generation, don't any of you have kids??? My gun season is shared with my Father and my 3 kids and I wouldn't have it any other way! A great part of the fun of deer season is having people to share the experience with, in my humble opinion.
Exactly what I was thinking. When my dad was alive we hunted together every year. My son is 22 and thought I had him hooked when he was 15 but he went in a different direction. Must be the age! I'm sure he'll come around sooner or later.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I have no kids,My dad quit hunting probably 15 years ago,maybe longer,and my half brothers don't hunt,and nobody else in the family hunts,except for my douche bag brother in law,and he is the main reason I hunt exclusivly solo!! Im not against taking new people hunting,just have no one to take.I take my fiance every now and then,when I can talk her into it.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when I do have kids,that I will be takeing them into the woods and showing them to hunt,if they want to and if the good lord blesses me with children.. But at the moment,im 100% solo..
Old 11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. Some anti-social bassturds

Our camp is me, my dad, one of his old hunting buddies from our old club and 4 or 5 of my buddies.

Some of the guys don't live right around the corner so hunting camp is when I get to hang with old friends.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont exactly know what hunting party is, I hunt alone with my bow but with a gun Im usually with my Dad. except my brother sometimes wil lhun t at the same time as me but its on 77 acres and we hunt in stands so we dont see each other till we done.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Depends on the hunt and who invited me, but normally no more than three of us, I don't like to hunt around guns I'm strictly a bow hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.