Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black Death

Old 05-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Black Death

Has anyone ever tried Black Death Doe in heat or Buck Urine? If so how well did it work and would you recommend it?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Black Death

I would think that pure doe pee is pure doe pee. I talked to a Code Blue representative about a year ago and he told me they have a couple of farms that collect urine for them. They have a large number of does and they rotate them for collection. They are injected with hormones that stimulate estrus in a few days. The does can only be stimulated a few times per year.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:59 PM

I used Code Blue last season and had some good results. It was the first time I had used this brand.

Is Black Death and brand of Code Blue?
Old 06-02-2003, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

So what are you trying to say about Black Death? they are good or are not or you don' t know I am confused.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I have never heard of the product. What I am saying is that if it is pure doe urine then it is nothing more. If advertised as doe in estrus urine, then it is probably collected using the method I described above. If used at the right time in the right location, you have as good of a chance of harvesting a buck using this product as any other pure doe urine product. No scent product is magic, knowing the land and spending time in the woods is far more important. I think you will have more success hunting food sources and trails.