Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guess the age of this buck

Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Spike

I am going to guess 6 1/2.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
NTO
Spike

I am going to say 3.5 alive. 4.5 dead. Short nose, and body says young buck but an excellent rack. That's my guess....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL ..WATA YA MEAN WHATS THE ANSWER...THIS IS ONE OF THOSE JUS GUESS THINGS...NOONE WILL REALLY KNOW...I SEEN A 1 YEA OL DEER THAT LOOKED LIKE A 7 YEAR OL DEER ON A DEER FARM..SO WHO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Spike

Well I wish I had a picture of his teeth for you guys (or should I say lack of teeth) It's pretty wild

he has no back teeth, top or bottom and his fronts are just nubs. His hooves are wore down quite a bit aswell

the biologist says hes between 7.5-9.5 years old. He said its a little harder to tell age with some deer because some eat more corn then others. He says corn is really hard on their teeth. Well this guy had no corn inside him the day we gutted him. Full of beans and apples though. He wouldnt beable to chew corn with teeth like that!

this must be a very smart buck, the area we hunt is heavily pressured. Everyone pushes bushes and sounds like a war zone everyday during the shotgun hunt. He was shot in a very thick swamp, just seen rack for a long time and heard him grunt every few seconds, finally stepped out in a little clearing where he made his biggest mistake.

I agree the trail cam pic makes him look young, We all guessed him to be about 4.5-5.5 years old.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by z24pride
3.5 Live, 4.5 Dead....

I agree. Looks like 4.5 when you took him
Old 11-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Spike

4yrs old i would say