Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Question Need answered today asap please help me out >

Question Need answered today asap please help me out

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question Need answered today asap please help me out

Old 11-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Spike

Default Question Need answered today asap please help me out

I live and hunt in ohio and it currently is the rut here and i was thinking of hunting this stand along this corn field but in front of the stand is corn and an area where it is grassy the deer have like 2 trails leading from the corn and they come together in front of my stand. This is my first year hunting so everyone probably is getting sick of all my question but i have not much knowledge in hunting. Im using a compound bow. But my question is I was think of going out today and remember its rut here but its sunshine and 74 here could someone help me out will the deer still be moving since its the rut or not because of the tempature of 74? What would my best beat be to hunt i own rattling antlers, primos doe in estrus can, and a whitetail deer decoy, and doe urine. Thanks for everyone's help, i really appreciate it even though i havent seen a thing when i go out but im addicted to it and love the sport (: Thanks again!

Fishingguy23
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

think youre addicted now, wait till you send an arrow through one... i dont really know much about temp and deer activity, other than i know deer seem to move better in cooler temps.. but i also know that anytime in the rut, whether its 5 below or 80, is a good time to hunt.. anything can happen. and youll never know how they move unless you get out there and see.. so good luck!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I lived and hunted in south Texas, Them buck rutted at 90 degrees. Does that answer your question. Rut is a biological clock ,not a mercury tube
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Spike

yeah i hear ya man thanks a bunch! i guess ill try it! do you think if i put doe urine out and rattle the antlers and do the primos doe estrus can that would be a good combination to bring a buck in or possibly a doe? Thanks again and good luck to you also!

FishingGuy23
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Just remember...If you aint out there you aint gonna get him. Hunt anytime you have the opportunity to.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Have killed bucks between noon and three in warm weather like this. If the rut is on it can happen all day.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

A buck in rut will be on the move almost continuously.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

yes the ruts there and yes nething culd happen but the hot temp. will reaaaally slow thew movement down almost to nothin no matter how you look at it. theyl be rutting at night instead. but a corn field prolly wuld attract sum does and maybe a buck or ttoo early in the morning.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

There arent any deer indoors. Dont worry about all the toys as much as being there with the wind in your favor...even all day if need be. And dont sweat it if you dont see anything that day. Persistence.Be still and quiet.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

I say set up the decoy,bring the bleat can and use some estrus scent on the decoy(if it's a doe).If the rut is on it shouldn't take long before you have a buck within arrow range.
You might try to set up the decoy about 20 yards to your right
(bucks will come up behind a doe decoy)or 20 yards to the left if it's a buck decoy( face to face to a buck decoy).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.