Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen Deer

Old 11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

we used to hunt on national forest in highland county ,va. one year there were 12 camps setup along a state road on the NF . after a few days of hunting most camps had killed atleast one deer and had them hung up near by,around mid morning someone decided to help there self to all the deer they could haul. they managed to steal 9 in one morning. we never did find out who did it ,but they musta been some brave guys to pull up at camp after camp and load them up knowing that everyone returning to thos camps would be well armed.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

As the woods become more and more crowded, this kind of stuff seems to happen more and more every season. It's indeed unfortunate.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of Morons out there, I've seen fights over Deer before, Some people just don't get it.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Criminal minds

These people who poach , steal , and ruin our hunting standards are just LAZY LOW LIFES ,
There to lazy to try to hunt the right way and see other acomplished hunters with pride tell there stories on how the hunt went and how much enjoyment they got out of it ,
The thief,s cant acomplish anything on there own except to steal, poach , or what have you ..
These people that steal hunters tree stands , deer, steps , blinds , cameras , drippers or what have you should be prosicuted no different than a thief .

Sorry abought the rant , Just that I,ve had stands and drippers stolen myself .. Realy tic,s me off.......
Old 11-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya that sucks. I shoot one and get a good shot i will start tracking in 30 minutes. Let me catch someone taking my deer. The only reason i could see reloading the triumph. LOL
Old 11-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who would do that? I mean really
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

I guess it's a problem we all face. I really want to go put my new blind out in a spot I've been scouting so it can kind of blend in. However, I'm afraid it will disappear. The area has had many items walk off.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

That is a major bummer, Big racks make some people do really stupid things. A few years back my neighbor shot a really nice 12 point, about a 160" deer. Had it hanging in a tree behind the house, woke up the next morning and it was gone. Low lifes like that this world can do without!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad that stuff doesn't happen to often up here.. As with the big areas I hunt in there is not a lot of hunters.. I have heard tell of people stealing deer that was dressed and left in the woods in orrder to get help to get them out though.. One guy put a penny in a small slit behind an eye and was able to reclaim it though. As they put the proof of the burden back onto the hunters to prove who shot it.. That is just one trick that a hunter will use to reclaim a deer if it had to be left to get help.. It is sad how some people can't wait to steal from another hunter..
Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

A few years back i was hunting on a small property opening day ,shot a nice little 13 point .. not huge by any stretch.Hit one lung and liver .Buck ran off the property on to neighbors .. wated for my wife and son to track and probably 15 minutes and 50 yards on the neighbors we came across ed a young man smiling from ear to ear with a nice 13 point buck all dressed and tagged . I congratulated him and we went back to our stands. My son and wife questioned the fact that he never fired a shot and there was only one hole in the deer and why didn't i say something . I smiled and just told them to let it go .Mid morning we walked back to the truck only to find the boy and his mom standing over said deer waiting for us . She maid him apologize for taking the deer knowing he didn't kill it because she knew he never fired a round.Gave me the tagged deer and told me the boy wouldn't be hunting the rest of the year as punishment for being unethical and a bad neighbor.No matter how much i insisted they keep the deer she would have no part of it .Tough lesson to learn at 16 but he has turned out to be a good kid .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.