Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What will he score?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tigerw10
Who cares?!?!? Shoot him and worry about that after!
+1

Why are so many people obsessed with the score of a deer's rack? Is this a flippin' video game? Anyone with 2oz of sense would say that that is an awesome deer. To quantify it to a composite of the measurements degrades what it is, which is a very impressive example of nature's (read God's) glory. The sad part is that there are idiots out there that would call this guy a "cull buck" because he's 3 1/2 years old and doesn't score 220+ and just won't ever get there. To me, it's sad, really. But I get "can't breathe" excited over a deer like the big bodied 4 pointer I shot a couple weeks ago... I have almost 60 lbs of Landjaegers and summer sausage from that guy... and as my 4 year old daughter likes to say, it's delicious! Maybe I'm in it for the wrong reasons... no, I don't think so.

Mike

Last edited by driftrider; 11-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Spike

S H O O T >..........Worry about the score later!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

You won't have a snowballs chance at that one. He didn't get big because he's stupid.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

The beams are kinda jacked up. The end just after the G6. Great buck I just know he would have a special place on my wall!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot him and find out.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you might want to give him another five yrs because he's got a lot of potential. haha.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

a inch away from huge and several inches above awsome!!lol big deer good luck at getten him!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

sweet rack lots of character genes are no good though let him have it. then take the tape to him
Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lil hammer
sweet rack lots of character genes are no good though let him have it. then take the tape to him
He's got a "sweet rack" but his "genes are no good", my a$$. Please explain how a deer with a great big rack has bad genes. I thought that big racks = good genes. So how can you tell by looking at a picture that this deer somehow has bad genes? And what constitutes "good genes?"

This is the problem with the whole Quality Deer Management movement. It's basically turned a bunch of rank amateurs into self styled wildlife geneticists that got their qualifications watching canned hunts on the Outdoor Channel.

Mike
Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by driftrider
He's got a "sweet rack" but his "genes are no good", my a$$. Please explain how a deer with a great big rack has bad genes. I thought that big racks = good genes. So how can you tell by looking at a picture that this deer somehow has bad genes? And what constitutes "good genes?"

This is the problem with the whole Quality Deer Management movement. It's basically turned a bunch of rank amateurs into self styled wildlife geneticists that got their qualifications watching canned hunts on the Outdoor Channel.

Mike
That right there is FUNNY, I don't care who you are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.