Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Where would you put your spot? >

Where would you put your spot?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where would you put your spot?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Where would you put your spot?

This is the property I hunt Im having trouble finding a morning spot and a successful night spot. The property holds monsters but finding them is hard. Its a farm that has a bunch of cornfields all cut already except one short portion. Where should I hunt? where would you guys place your stands, where am I going to find these monsters

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...st.0&encType=1

I have permission to hunt in between upper and lower wisner road, also I have permission to hunt all of the land on the left side of upper wisner road where you see all those fields and woods up until where the larger field all the way to the left ends. I can hunt all of those woods up till there to. From pumkin hill road straight up

Last edited by scribbler444; 11-05-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Spike

Hunt the rub / scrape lines.... if hes there he is letting other deer know it...just need to find his frequent spots, although their range can be fairly large, he will be back checking his scrapes at some point.... just my $0.002 worth.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

If I was to hunt this property and had no idea where to start I would look at that swamp on the back side of the farm. Cowdrey St runs into a field then there is those woods where the swamp is. I would try to set up on the farm field side for a morning or evening hunt. Those big boys like to keep tight to water because the can get away from preditors without being scented. Yotys have a tough time try to follow it's prey when water is involved. I would hug that funnel of hardwoods along the swamp and those two fields. Of course I would spend as much time as you can scouting it for a better spot without over doing it. I don't think you can go wrong near a swamp.

That's my take not knowing the property.