Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer? >

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm somewhere that I can't get a vehicle back to them, I quarter them out on the spot and haul the meat out in my backpack. If it's a brute, I have to make 2 trips.

Some of the country that I end up hunting, one person could not drag a deer out of no matter what method you used. (Back country hunting in Montana and Wyoming)
Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

LOL! My buddies shot a hog in the woods one time and happened to come across an old baby stroller. They straped him in like a newborn and went to rolling. I will see if I can find the pic they took of it. Pretty hillarious!!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Im in the Coast guard so They issued us a SEA BAG, I just throw my deer in there and grab the straps and where Him out like a back pack. A couple weeks ago I couldn't find it because it had been packed up over the summer so I just used a regular dolly for like appliances and just bungyd him up on there and off I go.
Must be some pretty tiny deer to fit in a seabag. By the way what do you brown water navy boys need a seabag for anyway, your never gone that long.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

My first unique experience getting a deer out of the woods came as an idea "I" thought I came up with.(back in the day)

I killed a 6-point bowhunting and it was a ways from the truck. I had already purchased "my idea" and brought out to the woods where he was at. Already had it in the back of the truck... for "Just in case."

I used a dolly. LOL! Got it at our local fleet store. It was red and had big tires. I liked the big tires as I knew it would help me maneuver over logs, etc. I painted camo colors.

Long story short, once I strapped him to the dolly, I wheeled him all the way to the truck without stopping once! Now I know it's not a unique idea, but at the time, I thought it was.

Another thing I have, but didn't use yet, is a large black heavy-duty sled. It's much more beefier than a kid's sled. It's not quite as big as those you see pulled behind a snowmobile, but almost. It can haul several arm loads of firewood in one pull. Can't wait to try it out this season if I need to.

The posts here are funny! LOL! Even got some good tips, very good tips as well.

Thanks for the replies. Wish I had more time or I would reply individually to some of y'alls replies. LOL!

Take care,

iSnipe
Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to use a Cabela's deer cart for the longer hauls but honestly, the ol' Glens Deer Handle is pretty tough to beat and it is always carried in my pack.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a wood/deer/ utility sled from Cabelas and love it. Works great pulling by hand or behind the four wheeler. Also use to take in my ladder stands to set them up. I put eye hooks around the edge in case I had to tie something down in it. Plus when I get back to the truck I can load it into the back of the truck by myself if I am alone. Put the top end on the tailgate and lift the back in up and slid into the truck.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I use a $20 plastic snow sled tied to a drag harness. works well with or without snow.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking to funny

Originally Posted by cynikalHC
LOL! My buddies shot a hog in the woods one time and happened to come across an old baby stroller. They straped him in like a newborn and went to rolling. I will see if I can find the pic they took of it. Pretty hillarious!!
Pepsi on the computer screen.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by marquismarc
I use a $20 plastic snow sled tied to a drag harness. works well with or without snow.
Just did that sunday pulling my sons first buck 200 yards across a hay pasture. laugh if you like but it works great. i drug my first bow buck out like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

I usually cut off my pull rope from my climber when I get down. I tie it around the deer's neck then make two equal loops at the other end. I put my arms through the loops and pull. If I need to I also make a 3rd loop and put it around my waist. It doesn't take but a minute to make a full harness and the rope is already there. I don't have to take anything extra into the woods. When I get home I tie a new rope onto my stand and away I go. It's worked great for 8 years now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.