Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer? >

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hauling deer from woods

The best way to do this is to purchase one of my cart's to get your deer from the woods. It is not the cheapest or the best looking one, but I can guarantee that it will roll over things that cart's from the store can't.

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I've seen or heard of many different ways to haul a deer out of the woods. Besides just driving up to him in your pickup or hauling him out with your 4-wheeler, LOL!, what ways have you taken him out?

I still do it the old fashion way if it's a real short drag; just grab the antlers and go! I'll also have a drag rope and slip around the neck attached to a stick and pull leaning forward with both hands on the stick behind my back.

I have other ways too, but would like to hear yours. I think I've seen them all, but we'll see! Do you have a unique way of getting deer out of the woods or how do you do it?

This is for entertainment, but would like to learn a tip or a slick trick!

iSnipe
Old 11-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I was young I carried them. Yes carried them.

Then came the dragging era. Plastic kids sleds work pretty good. Few holes in them and the kids are done with them. Had some super heavy plastic sleeving that was sweet too.

Then came the strong nephews era.

And these days we basically let them lay and run an ATV around with a trailer and pick them all up at the end of the day.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Then came the strong nephews era.

And these days we basically let them lay and run an ATV around with a trailer and pick them all up at the end of the day.
LOL! Life's tough, eh uncle matt. I suppose you even have the nephews drive and pick them up as well, uh?

iSnipe
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

i used one of those childrens snow sleds. Remember thos old red things made of plastic? they sell them at places like Farm and FLeet for $7 or less. i drag all my stuff out to the woods in it and can use it to drag a deer out.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

thats what the polaris is for. don't even have to lift them,i built a 40in wide rack that folds down off my brush guard on the front of my atv. pull up to the deer ,roll him against the rack and pick him up with the warn winch. then drive on my tilt trailer with my truck tailgate down,lower him on the truck with the winch. get home back under the hoist behind my shed ,hook up the cable and raise him off the truck with a boat winch. with back trouble you soon learn to do things the easy way.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

My faorite way is to have my son and a cople of his buddies do it.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I shoot em and I drag em....unless it is an elk then I'll take all the help I can get