Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer? >

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Favorite Way To Drag/Haul Deer?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Talking

SEDIFM Method

Someone
Else
Doing
It
For
Me
Old 11-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Im in the Coast guard so They issued us a SEA BAG, I just throw my deer in there and grab the straps and where Him out like a back pack. A couple weeks ago I couldn't find it because it had been packed up over the summer so I just used a regular dolly for like appliances and just bungyd him up on there and off I go.
AHOY Coastie.........have you joined the Coast Guard Channel Community Forum?
I'm Ex-Coast Guard.....1959-1963
Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grab the legs and go lol
Old 11-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Make a slit behind the columella (the part between the nostrils) just about a half inch back or so and run a rope thru it and tie a knot. Put the deer's front legs behind its head (if you do it right, they'll stay) and drag on!

You'd think that there's no way you could haul a deer that way...that the columella would just snap under the weight of the deer, but it's the other way around. It would take a lot more than the weight of the deer for it to break. Also, when you have the front legs locked behind its head, you seldom snag on anything. It a VERY smooth way to drag a deer.
I call this the "Missouri snout drag". It works great! Only one difference is I cut a small tree and shove it through the hole. Each person can grab a side and pull.

Only had one doe that was so fat that she broke the columella while hanging from it in the tree. It didn't break on the drag. I am guessing she was pushing 150#.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer Cart in the fall and Deer Sled in the winter.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ol'e rope/stick for me.Before I tried it I just grabbed the antlers or legs if a doe but that's brutal.Simple but soooo much easier.I might try a cart someday but I hate the idea of leaving the critter unattended.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a game cart this year and used it to pull a doe out. The waist strap is a great idea. Balance your load right and you can pull hands-free up hill or on level ground. The buck I shot dropped right on the side of the logging road. I was able to pull my truck right up to him.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

short to semi-short just drag him, especially if there is two people......longer drag, but the sucker up and put him in my pack and hike out!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Most are shot in my yard , if not my wife drags it
Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

On the farm we have the FTDATF method.

Ford truck driven across the field method. The only more effective method I could imagine would be to have them walk over to the truck, climb in the bed and die.

Normally our deer and antelope are taken on private farm land and CRP. Not too often we have to drag them far. Elk is a whole nother beast....we quarter them, bone them and pack them out.

Last edited by skb2706; 11-05-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.