Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How come......

Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Spike

i agree. i enjoy seeing deer on trail cams and estimating what there score is. some times a few more pics would make it a little easier to guess though.
but i agree if you have a deer in your hands and want to know the score measure the darn thing its not hard.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am both ways, i am curious to see what everyone else s, including my own, guesses are to see how they end up after the kill. on the other hand..kill it already lol and tell us what it is so we can all see how wrong we were lol..or right!!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Spike

I don't hunt for the horns, or the meat, it's both. I saw an 8pt 3 times today, hopefully I'll be able to get him. I'm hunting at home, we enjoy watching the deer, thus I don't shoot does or any bucks smaller than an 8pt. partially because we enjoy seeing all the deer, and I just don't eat enough venison to go about blasting everything I see. Mostly jerky and sausage. As for betting guys say they will pass but don't. Two years back every night I'd pass on the same spikes and 4 points. Had a nice six come in one night, passed, he came in again, I aimed, and decided to pass. Everyone has there reason for hunting.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Maybe they already know how? Ever thought of that Leroy?

Maybe they just want to share their picture and have fun having people guess?

Why so critical anyway? If those posts bother you, DON'T read them.

iSnipe
Amazing, Dude! Without me actually having said such threads bother me or that people shouldn't post them, your crack psycho analytical skills have allowed you to deduce that that is what I meant! I don't know what your day job is, but I think you may have found your true calling. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

You haven't answered the question. Instead you ramble with jibberish that sums to not much actually. You use some term someone told you about your crack psycho analytical skills to skirt my question. LOL! I'm correct in what I said. I have no need for a reply because others have given you good answers already!

If people making posts asking for people to guess the rack size bothers you.... then like I said DON'T read them!

And Yes, I am amazing. Thank you. LOL!

How about we get all the people here who have asked others to guess the rack size and have a chat with you? I'm ok with that. Just give me the word and the gang will be right over and you can ask them yourself.

Cheers kid.

iSnipe
Old 11-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Because people watch Bill Jordan and all those other jack***s and think you have shoot a world record. Give me a friggin break, everyone who posts those "Score this buck ya'll" thread would shoot whatever it was in front of the trail cam. Either that or crap their pants when that particular buck showed up. It's a high fence, hollywood-get-them-all-excited thing.

For that matter, why don't you just thumb through Field and Stream and "Score 'Em Ya'll"

Please.

Last edited by SWThomas; 11-06-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Because people watch Bill Jordan and all those other jacka$$es and think you have shoot a world record. Give me a friggin break, everyone who posts those "Score this buck ya'll" thread would shoot whatever it was in front of the trail cam. Either that or crap their pants when that particular buck showed up. It's a high fence, hollywood-get-them-all-excited thing.

For that matter, why don't you just thumb through Field and Stream and "Score 'Em Ya'll"

Please.
Agreed. I don't ever open those threads and believe hunting shows are to blame. I say shoot whatever bucks YOU are happy with and who cares what others think. Where I live we shoot everything bigger than a spike, and you never here some show you a game pic and go 'what do you think he will score?' The respondent would probably say 'Looks like a good 8 to me'
Kill'em all!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bryant1
Agreed. I don't ever open those threads and believe hunting shows are to blame. I say shoot whatever bucks YOU are happy with and who cares what others think. Where I live we shoot everything bigger than a spike, and you never here some show you a game pic and go 'what do you think he will score?' The respondent would probably say 'Looks like a good 8 to me'
Kill'em all!
Yep. I'm not saying I wouldn't like a big buck, but someone who act like they are going to pick and choose is full of it. On the land I hunt the rule is just don't shoot small bucks. Of course, that kinda makes me a trophy doe hunter, but my day will come. Then again, when its all said and done, it boils down to meat on the table. Most of the people I know cant cook for ****, so they don't complain when it melts in their mouth.

Last edited by SWThomas; 11-06-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

As far as the trail cam pics maybe they are not good at guessing and are planning on taking the buck regardless of score but just wondering what everyone thinks.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

vabyrd,

Stop circumventing the profanity filter. If you can't post something of substance without cussing, maybe you should find a different forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.