Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Could've arrowed him but.....

Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Beezer
Once again, the "chase" and the "hunt" don't put food on the table. There are people here who may only have one or two shots a year at a deer, any deer. Why should they pass on an opportunity to harvest a deer legally simply because someone else thinks it "isn't right"?

And I stand by what I said....if that deer didn't have antlers on it's head it wouldn't be an issue.
its not about being "right" or "ethical". you are missing the point. it just wouldnt be fun. in my opinion, you would be killing it for the sake of killing it. its not the hunting experience that you think of in your head every night before the next mornings hunt.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
hell yeah im in it for the fun. whats wrong with that?
There's nothing wrong with hunting for fun. But if you're hunting for fun, then why do you need a weapon? Do you like the thrill of kill? Is that what you mean?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Talk to the hand.

iSnipe
Old 11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

its not about being "right" or "ethical". you are missing the point. it just wouldnt be fun. in my opinion, you would be killing it for the sake of killing it. its not the hunting experience that you think of in your head every night before the next mornings hunt.
No, I kill for the sake of eating it. The hunting experience I think of brings home meat for the freezer.

To hunt, by definition is searching for prey to kill or capture. Hunting IS killing, plain and simple.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Beezer
There's nothing wrong with hunting for fun. But if you're hunting for fun, then why do you need a weapon? Do you like the thrill of kill? Is that what you mean?
the thrill of the hunt is what im looking for. not just the kill.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Talk to the hand.

iSnipe
LOL, we both know the answers to those questions.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

If I only hunted just to get some meat, I would seriously have to dead broke and be living off the land to survive. I love the excitement of hunting. Its not a necessity in my life. Its a leisure activity that I was raised to enjoy. I buy into the calls and attractants and gear and all the crap that goes with it because I enjoy hunting. To me its a sport and shooting a damn deer right out my back door aint sporting.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

If I only hunted just to get some meat, I would seriously have to dead broke and be living off the land to survive. .
But not everyone is like that. Some of us fill the freezer so we don't have to buy beef and can use that money for other things we enjoy. It's also healthier and more beneficial without all the crap they use to make cows bigger to slaughter and sell faster.

I love the excitement of hunting. Its not a necessity in my life. Its a leisure activity that I was raised to enjoy. I buy into the calls and attractants and gear and all the crap that goes with it because I enjoy hunting.
I'm with you on the "buying in" to everything. I can't pass one up because it may be the "one" that brings the deer in. Can't argue with you there.

To me its a sport and shooting a damn deer right out my back door aint sporting.
To you it isn't. But, not everyone feels the same way about the hunt. Honestly, I climb a tree in my climber sometimes and sleep more than I'm awake. I may miss some deer, I may not. But, when opportunity knocks I'm nocking an arrow or pulling a trigger. Not everyone "hunts" the same. To me, doghunting isn't sporting or ethical...and you can't convince me that all the adrenaline does venison any good. Even so, I'm not going to beat down those who doghunt the right way because that's their choice. Passing judgement on the legal choices of others isn't right and shouldn't be done. You "hunt" your way for your reasons, just as others do. That doesn't make their way wrong or right, just a different way.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Deer UM, I can see your point. Id be in the same boat. Maybe if I was set up in a tree a few days later in that general area and he came in, then he might not be so lucky!

I know how it feels though. I posted this a few days ago on someones post. Saturday afternoon and this one comes rolling through the backyard. It just not fair!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pic and buck fastetti.

No need to play it off anymore though, as he's probably in your taxidermist's freezer waiting to be mounted.

LOL!

iSnipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.