HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Missouri youth season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/308503-missouri-youth-season.html)

nromaker 10-31-2009 02:56 AM

Missouri youth season

Youth season starts this morning. Im pumped and ready to go. Any one else on here going if so let use know how the youngsters did. Good luckand BE SAFE.:woot::woot:

turkey guide 10-31-2009 12:26 PM

I had no youths to take this year but I can't wait to hear how some of my young relatives and others kids do.

Grasshopper13 11-01-2009 06:32 AM

I guess I'll be the first....

Took my girls yesterday morning. My dad came down and took my oldest daughter, Morgan, who already at 10 has two deer under her belt, and I took my youngest Raegan who at 8 has yet to kill her first.

It was a slow day...Rae and I saw 2 but she's still "motion challenged" and they picked us off before she could get her gun around on them. Morgan saw zero deer the whole first day. This morning, dad took Morgan out and she connected on a small spike at about 07:50. Perfect 70 yard heart shot and the buck piled up in sight.

Raegan slept in this morning since I had to go into work for a bit. We'll head back out this afternoon and see if we can get her first. I'll probably have some pictures later.

Here it is

GH

iowabuckslayer 11-01-2009 07:14 AM

I posted a new thread before i saw this one. Son's first deer!!! check it out.

nromaker 11-01-2009 03:44 PM

My son shot his first buck this morning.It was a 6 point. Blake made a perfect 150 yard shot right in the boiler room. The buck ran roughly 100 or so yards and we got to watch him pile up.Ill try to post pics tomorrow.:cool2::cool2:

DTC 11-01-2009 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 6 year old smoked this doe at 100 yards Saturday evening. We watched 15 slick heads feed in the alfalfa it was getting dark and no bucks had showed and you just can't tell a 6 year old no. He made a great shot and she only went about 70 yards.

Grasshopper13 11-02-2009 06:19 AM

Well yesterday was a great day. After my oldest ( the blond beauty above there) got her first ever buck, it was my youngest daughter's turn that afternoon. We arrived on stand about 3:40 p.m. Everything was uneventful until just before dark. Raegan was really committed to getting her first deer, so much so, that I couldn't get her to leave! We decided to stay 5 more minutes and then we'd have to go...it was getting close to end of legal shooting hours. Not 2 minutes later I hear the unmistakablesound of deer walking our direction. As I mentioned before, Raegan's still a little "motion challenged" and we were about 2 seconds away from the old doe bolting off because she'd seen something she didn't like. Luckily, rae came through and put an awesome neck shot on her at about 50 yards. Folded her up like a lawn chair! Raegan was extremely excited and this capped what was one of the best days in the woods for my family ever.

Here she is

aaronm283 11-02-2009 09:14 AM

My oldest boy got his buck 15 min after sunrise saturday. My other boy got his deer sunday morning.