Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Local Hunting Accident

Old 10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

Default Local Hunting Accident

Just heard on the news this morning that a hunter fell 20 ft from his tree stand possibly exiting it after dark.

He broke his neck, a couple ribs and suffered a concussion.

Cell Phone Helps Crews Locate Hunter
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Spike

It happens every year folks. People are killed and paralyzed as a result of treestand related falls. Easily preventable - WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!

Mike Enright
Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Thanks for the post Ava. It's a good reminder of what could happen to one of use if we don't use a fall restraint system.

Be careful out there guys.(gals too. LOL!)

iSnipe
Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot my harness last time I went out. Sat in the stand for about 15 minutes and just felt to unsafe. Got out of the tree and piled up some of the mesquite we cut down for shooting lanes. Had two doe coem with in 8 yards and stuck one.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

That's why I love the Fall Guy safety system. It hooks on at the bottom of the tree and NEVER comes off until I unhook it when I get down from the tree. I am switching to climbers due to theft in our area, so I have 2 of them for sale in the classifieds if any one is interested. They have been used about 4 or 5 times. They retail for $85 in Cabela's, I'll take $60 each plus shipping. I am telling you, there is no substitute if you are hunting a hang on!! Please, please everybody be careful and pay attention - ALWAYS!! Thank God he will be okay.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

long story with lucky ending for me, fell hanging stand, went down about 20 feet, hit the last screw in tree step......tore my armpit from one end to the other 20 odd stiches, Dr. said another 1/8 inch deeper and i would have torn artery and bled out....as you can imagine, that was my wake up call!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

I know two guys that fell this year in Mich. One banged up good and bruised a kidney, the other broke some ribs, injured his spleen and a concussion. Some will never learn. I use a Hunter Safety System harness. Wear them up and down...BE SAFE.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Falling out of a tree stand is why I stick to hunting from the ground.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

I only hunt from the tree during bow and I ALWAYS have my harness on as soon as I get moving up the tree....
Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Statistics say one in 4 will fall sometime in their hunting lives. Not good odds. Wear all the safety equipment you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.