Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hit a deer.........

Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Exclamation Hit a deer.........

On my way home from the woods where I had no luck this evening, about 6 miles from the house a 6 point buck ran out and brushed the side of my truck, caught my atv trailer. He hit the front left corner of the trailer and the left fender then done about 3 360s about 4 feet in the air, I watched from my mirrors. I stopped to check out the truck and no damage there, but the fender on the trailer is bent in pretty good. I turned around to find the deer and he was laying in the middle of the road so I picked him up and took him to the house. Couldnt find the deers right leg anywhere we were able to get the hams and the backstrap and the one shoulder that was left, gonna turn him into sausage figure thats the best thing to do with him.

Looks like he would have been a pretty good one next year, sorry for the pics I know there kinda graphic.

P.S. Can I enter him in the Deer hunting contest I got a pic of the deer, me and the weapon I killed him with
Attached Thumbnails Hit a deer.........-img_0782.jpg   Hit a deer.........-img_0781.jpg  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol!!!!!!!!Glad to hear your going to use him for something!!!!!!!That'll be some fine eatin!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

HA! good buck! Reminds me of Da Yoopers Song, "Second Week of Deer Camp"....
Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol....uhm good job
Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

When I left the woods I had no plans on takeing a deer I guess the good Lord didnt want me to come home empty handed
Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

good and tenderized
Old 10-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Do you have to get a tag for that. In kansas any deer hit by a vehicle has to get a free tag from the Game Warden or Sherrif Dept.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Super G Force
Do you have to get a tag for that. In kansas any deer hit by a vehicle has to get a free tag from the Game Warden or Sherrif Dept.
Far as I know I dont have to we dont have a tag system, probably should have called the police and what not didnt think about it at the time cause it caused no damage to the truck just bent the fender on the trailer and I can fix that with a hammer.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the county I get them, they really don't care. The cops that do the police report when they get hit always say if you get pulled over and they ask, have them call me and then they always give me there card. Ive done pretty good in the woods the last few years so I haven't gotten a road kill in a while.

Meat is meat and he will def. make some good sausage. At least you go some meat in the freezer and not too much damage to your truck/trailer!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Two years ago, I going home from the farm opening day, about two miles from the house, a young guy hit a big doe with a new Dodge truck and dragging a boat with it. He flagged me down and asked what to do. I called the sheriffs dept and asked if a game warden was around, they said no. They asked if I could put it down. I said yes and called a family that could use the meat. I went to the sheriffs dept to fill out the paperwork the next moring. The guy was goning to let the doe suffer and waste the meat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.