Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

JEEZE!!!!!!Bitter Sweet!!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face JEEZE!!!!!!Bitter Sweet!!

Sunday I shot my first deer with my bow 20 yards....one problem though 2 words gut shot my arrow made a complete pass through no blood just green grass never found her bitter sweet moment!Hopefully next time I'll find the one i shoot and it'llhave a good shot on it!

Also found a dead 8 point good rattlen horn's all i found was the skull nothen else though made the time somewhat better.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completely understand the bitter...

but what do you mean by sweet?

iSnipe
Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Thats sucks big time. Go back and look for her. Look for birds circling in the sky above. She'll die from that wound.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

So your saying your just going to leave a dead deer in the woods?

Your a disgrace to me
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

How long did you look? Their should be blood somewhere on the trail she ran off on. I would have kept looking. If you had let her sit overnight you probably would have found her the next morning.
Can you use punctuation when you type, It gets confusing reading your post. lol
Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

man that sucks but it happens just keep searching thats all you can do. use a blood light its helps find the small traces
Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

I've heard of folks leaving deer over night and still eating them but not where I live. The weather is usually too warm, and if a deer isn't found and dressed within an hour they are left. I wouldn't reccommend eating the meat even in cold weather, if the deer can't be found and field dressed right away, but cold weather could stretch the time several hours maybe. I can't understand how guys hunting in warm climates can wait very long before tracking, but I see it on tv all the time. Ted Nugent or someone is hunting in Texas, in a bug suit, and after shooting the deer at noon he waits to let it die. Then six hours later in full darkness they track and find the deer, and hold it up for photos in a cloud of flies. Let an already warm ( body temperature) steak lay outdoors a few hours and you would'nt eat it. There are a lot of bad things inside a body, that will spoil it very fast. Especially when you don't drain the fluids and remove the guts. After that, with cold weather they cool fast.
I guess it all depends on the temp your hunting in.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

To me it sounds like you only looked for blood at the impact area of the shot and didnt really try finding it other than walking in the same direction the deer went. There is blood somewhere and thats a dead deer. Go back and look.....
Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

You bettter find that D@@#$ Deer Man!! You dont just shoot a deer and look for a few minutes an say,

"Oh well He got away"

You find him.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Five days after the fact and you all want the guy to look again , LOL . It is to bad it happened but it does happen to a lot of people, probably way more than will admit it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.