Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

buck heaven or hell?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Spike

Default buck heaven or hell?

i have a river bed on my property which runs directly through it but it is just mud no water is that a good spot to set up a stand there is trails there but i have yet to see a deer also the property is full of ceder and hardwoods what should i do to keep the deer on the river bed can i make it a watering hole or should i just leave it and hope for the best also if i do decide to make it a watering hole what do you all recomend i use to do so ie: 55 gal barrels or dig it out or a trouft
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Kinda hard to read your post because its one long run on sentence... But, maybe try and put a trail camera up in the spot and see if you can get some deer on camera. That should give you an idea what time they are frequenting the area.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with gbrownlee. Put a camera up first, or atleast scout the area a little better to find trails coming into and out of the mud. Is there any tracks?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Spike

there is lots of track it is definitly a heavy trail but i cannot seem tp pattern them i have a cam set up and i have photos of them night and day there is no sertin time frame they use what can i do to change that any ideas?