Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

head shot/ethics

Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I say its fine under circumstances. If he is a good one and is standin in tall weeds or something and you know you are a good marksman and can easily kill him no sweat, go ahead. But if your new or have a big gun and a little flinchy to the reciol, I wouldn't. Also I don't go around amin' at thier head for evey deer It take. I belive that a neck shot is just fine too, because its not that hard to hit and its lights out on impact basicly.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
If you're so worked up about these posts, why are you reading them anyway?

Do you like to whine? To me it seems you are the one b*t****g here. Why not from now on when you see these posts that irritates you so much, just not open them and read something else?

iSnipe
Worked up? Im not worked up at all about this. I only open it to see how escalated the arguing before the moderators take over and lock this up.

Or I just don't like watching hunters B**tch at each other when we do do enough fighting against the anit-hunters. All these posts do is take people who have been on here for just a few months and put them against each other.

Stay on here a few months and don't worry, you'll get sick of some of the BS that goes on here. Most of the Verterans on here will agree with me.

Im always the one that doesn't let things get out of hand and agree to disagree, not try and be an internet tough guy. Really, one month and your already talking trash? Have some respect for the site.....
Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Did I say I couldn't shoot a 3" group under field conditions? If I stay on my game (practice regularly) my groups run about 4" at 850 yards with my rifles I hunt with from the position I shoot in in the field.
RR
not impressed, i still wouldnt b trying head shots at those distances way to many variables,sorry
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Beezer
This was a slug that bounced off her spine and came back out the same side....not a head shot, but you be the judge of what it would do.

why? theres still milk drippin off that yearlings mouth.Why?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Spike

hey man if your a confident enough marksman i see no problem with a head shot. i cant think of a quicker kill
Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deer slayer Jr.
First of all it is Supposedly, not supposably, second, that is the key word...Supposedly was a Marine Corps Sniper. One shot one Kill is the motto Marine Corps Snipers do not miss. Marine Corps snipers make the best shot possible, and will not take a shot they cant make with 100% certainty. In the field that can get you killed not to mention failing the mission objective....IDK which would be worse.
u make me laugh champ with your spelling corrections anyways i happen to know the jarhead zrex is talking about & he tends to miss & wound more animals than anybody i know as well i suppose u to believe in aim small miss small huh, or always hunt with the lowest power the scope has to offer maybe thats the problem.LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have frequently head shot a doe. (appropriate target situation, of course). Yes, it may be messy, but it wastes zero meat and drops them on the spot. Occaissionaly (if I have the tags) I may be able to get two of them. There are no ethics involved- dead is dead.Esthetics.. another story.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

fastetti,

I know your kind. You say you don't get worked up, but you do because you want us all to high five, give back slaps and sing Kum Bay Ya and get along and when you don't see that, have to jump in as if people are going to listen to you. LOL! As for being here, I've visited often and knew people before I signed up. I have my own forum of a few thousand, so I know the game and have seen whiners many a day. You're still b******g! Like I said before...

If you don't like these kind of posts, don't read them! LOL!

iSnipe
Old 10-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Snippy, you got it. Kumbay Ya. Your too funny. I actually laughed at that. I just stopped being confrontational in Grad school while working at bars in Chicago. Im 6'8" and always dealt with guys who thought they were the toughest in the world when I ran security. Don't know why the little guys want to prove stuff with the big guys. Not saying this is you, just what I always dealt with. I just learned when I got my masters (and grew up) the reprocutions of dealing with people physically. No matter what happens, no one wins. I found out that I usually had a lot more to loose than they did, which is why I got out of bouncing even though I had fun doing it. I do miss it sometimes, kind of like deer hunting...you never know whats going to happen.

I guess I translated not getting worked up over into my work. I just hit 30 and felt its time to leave the internet bashing behind as well. We just go over this topic all the time and it never goes anywhere.

Isnipe, You have posted some good stuff. I remember your name from some previous posts. Now that people have started bashing each other though, seems like this topic has run its course.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by fastetti
We just go over this topic all the time and it never goes anywhere.
Exactly my point! Hence my very reason for telling you to NOT read these kinds of posts! LOL! Topics like these hit every hunting forum, deer, bear, moose,coyote, elk, etc,... People are going to have their opinions and they almost never change them. In my book if people are tearing at each other... and to have someone jump in and say "Can't we all get along?"...LOL!... that's like jumpin' in with them! Don't roll in the mud with the pigs. They like the mud. LOL! I hear what you're saying and don't like the bickering either, but it doesn't get to me nor do I think these guys would be like that face to face. I think they'd be more inclined to have a few barley pops and talk what's in common instead.

iSnipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.