Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer attractants

Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Spike

Default deer attractants

has any one used any of the acorn rage or green n rage, and what do you think of it.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

On other forums they have tested this stuff a few times. With placed piles of Acorn Rage near high deer traffic areas and monitored with trail cams. Results,..... piles of this "bait" that would sit there until they grew mold and never did attract any whitetails.

Jury says this stuff is worthless!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

On the other side of that coin, I just came from a forum where the original poster asked the same question and the feedback made it look like the users are working for the Acorn Rage company. The feedback was that good! Makes me want to go and buy a bag that is now on sale at Gander Mtn. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm curious if this Acorn Rage stuff is considered bait. Not concerned about any "ethical" issue, just curious since here in Virginia baiting is illegal yet I see tons of this stuff for sale at the local sporting goods (Dicks and Gander Mtn) stores.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11
I'm curious if this Acorn Rage stuff is considered bait. Not concerned about any "ethical" issue, just curious since here in Virginia baiting is illegal yet I see tons of this stuff for sale at the local sporting goods (Dicks and Gander Mtn) stores.
YES SIR, it is indeed considered BAIT and would be illegal in your state, as it is here in Illinois as well.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Spike

Heck..pack up a truck load of this stuff and head to WI.. They love to bait here... you can dump it all over the place ...In fact ,, It is said that WI hunters will do anything to keep their baiting practice.. even if it includes deminishing and demonizing other hunters,,, That is why I don't waste my time hunting WI any longer.... I am the devil..The Demon,,, .LOL....
Old 11-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Just make your won I use apple cider molassas and brown sugar works awesome also you can us peanut butter just make a small hole in the cap screw it to a tree or fence post cut the bottom of the plastic jar off and let em come eat. Not to mention its 10x cheaper than the stuff you buy and its basically the same thing really at a fraction of the cost I have tried all that C'mere deer and deer cane just use good ol apple cider I have even taken a block of brown sugar and placed it in the ground and had them tear it up in a day or 2, I got some great pics on the trail cam form this
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Spike

I haven'yt had very good luck with acorn rage in Oklahoma. The only thing that seems to be working for me is a mixture of corn (not the apple flavored corn) and 20% protein feed. Try taking a look at my friends website www. mikeswildlifefeedersandsupplies.com.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Hey Mike! Oops, I mean fireman9_11,

You must Really be happy with your "friend" Mike and his feeder supply business.

In all but 3 of your 14 posts, you mention his business and leave a link.

In 100% of your posts you only reply about feed, nutrients, protein, etc.

Sounds like you two have a lot in common.

That's great.

iSnipe

(Wouldn't it be easier to just become a sponsor instead of playing these games?)

Last edited by iSnipe; 11-02-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Spike

Rice Bran works great here in Oklahoma you can buy it at local feed store