Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

on my soap box

Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default on my soap box

Anyone see Hank Parkers show this week?

His one son had tagged out so he decided to pick up some traditional gear and sit in a blind and fling arrows at deer and pigs and laugh about missing? Wonder what they didn't show?

My daughter asked what the stuff they were spreading around was? I said to her " an absolute waist of money"
Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I saw the show, and I like Hank Parker. I think the C'Mere Deer is ridiculous and when they quote how much money they just let blow into the wind, it kind of shows them as being a little on the "not so smart side". We should all have enough money to throw that much of it into the wind, and every time I see it, I say to my husband it's like cheating. When we hunt, we hunt out of stands we scouted and we don't pour bait all over the ground. Those who do, good for you. I am not looking for a fight or an argument. I just like hunting with grunt calls, that's it, not even scents. I just happen to agree with this poster.
I saw the show and was disappointed, I usually enjoy Hank. I watched Deer and Deer Hunting too and it was a testament to what the television shows have done to hunting for antlers instead of the joy of it. I can't wait to take a doe this year. We went out Saturday and got skunked, but I'll be out again Friday after work and maybe i can score on one of the many does i see when I am NOT hunting. I am not in the area of the only buck I want to shoot this year. That will come with only a PERFECT wind.
But I do agree with you about that show and the misses and what you said to your little one.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Spike

I use to think Hank Parker was a dumb-ass but he's smart enough to screw these producers out of a lot of money. BTW, I don't watch his shows.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that episode also. Absolutely disgraceful.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typical outdoor TV these, isn't it ???

Besides, what makes his arrow flinging any different (or worse) from other shows like Tred Barta ?

The best thing you can do it NOT WATCH, otherwise you are helping their ratings and their sponsors!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Typical outdoor TV these, isn't it ???

Besides, what makes his arrow flinging any different (or worse) from other shows like Tred Barta ?

The best thing you can do it NOT WATCH, otherwise you are helping their ratings and their sponsors!
exactly most of these shows are a joke now and makes us look like fools.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Spike

IMO....He has lost all his integrity to the all mighty dollar. I usted to watch him, but thats over after the last few cmere deer shows I saw.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont watch hunting shows anymore. I do have a few dvd's I buy every year. They are all from the same companies and seem to be the real deal.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Waste of time and money