Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bleat calls

Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bleat calls

Im back from the summer and ready for the fall. I joined last year during spring turkey season and became a real enthusist of Huningnet.com. I hunt anyhting that moves down her in TN and Im defifnantly not new to the game. Anywho I was at Gander MTN today and was lookin to get a bleat call. I sort of want to venture away from the Primos "can" and see what else is out there. The M.A.D "heat bleat" seems ligit but I heard it and didnt like how it sounded. Has anyone had any sucess with that or others? Or is Primos the way to go.
P.S. Sucess stories would be nice, not necesarry though
Old 10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try a "true talker".I just read an article in Deer and Deer hunter and the writer was saying that a bleat is not a long sound like the cans make.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

from what i have heard, the long bleat that the can makes is a warning call. the bleats are supposed to be short bleats to let the bucks know they are in estrous.