Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Interesting Surprise From Basement! Pic >

Interesting Surprise From Basement! Pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Interesting Surprise From Basement! Pic

Old 10-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation Interesting Surprise From Basement! Pic

I knew I had this laying down doe decoy, but never used it. I got it at a good deal about 4 years ago. Then I got to thinking there are not many places I could use it where the deer could see it from afar.

In fact, after opening the box, I never inspected the bedded decoy; just looked in and re-closed it.

Well I finally brought it up with some other huntin' stuff and checked it out. I couldn't believe what I was looking at...

Yep, no bedded doe decoy here! I didn't even realize it was a standing feeding decoy AND had real antlers to come with! I played around with one of my software programs and removed the line that shows where the neck attaches to the rest of the body, so that's why you don't see one there like on other decoys. I think it's a Flambeau; not sure.

Anyway, it was a great feeling to discover I had this because I would have rather had a feeding decoy anyway. Now I can place it in front of one of my ground blinds when the stickbow comes out to play!

iSnipe
Old 10-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default surprise find

What luck, nice surprise and yes its a flambeau.