Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer hunter satisfaction survey >

Deer hunter satisfaction survey

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunter satisfaction survey

Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt the fastest growing counties in PA. WMU 3D, the public lands do suck, but if you can get close to homes...Jackpot. I was out on a large plot of public land Saturday morning archery hunting. Saw 4 road hunting smokepolers, and 3 doe deep in a swamp. You have to go where the deer are,lol...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Spike

Tennessee = 1.
Our season is long and our gunseason lasts from November 21-January something. Theres like one week break in there somewhere. But people around here kill way to many young deer and around marion county where i hunt no one wants to kill any does.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Spike

I was hoping to hear from more NY hunters.I agree with the 1 post I saw from NY.I also would give it a 2.
We have a Northern Zone and Southern Zone.In the Northern Zone we have the Adirondack Mountains.It's mostly big woods and they get alot more snow from the Great Lakes compared to the Southern Zone which is more populated and alot more agriculture.We also don't have alot of state owned land to hunt in the Southern Zone.
Needless to say there are alot more deer in the Southern Zone but it's also alot harder to find a place to hunt.There is way too much posted property and alot of the land owners don't even live in the state.
About 4 years ago they started to allow rifle hunting in certain counties.That seemed to get alot more land posted.I live in Tioga County and we can now use rifles but alot land that I have hunted on for over 30 years is now posted.I wish they would go back to shotgun only or give the landowners tax breaks if they do not post there property.

Last edited by dvallilee; 10-20-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info