Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bowhunting

Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bowhunting

This might be a can of worms,but I must know..So how many people does not bowhunt?? and how many of those that don't bow hunt,not bowhunt because you think a bow is just something that wounds deer and far to many run off and die and are not found???

I just gave bowhunting up.I started last year,and killed 1 deer with it,barely! Then this year,I have lost 2 deer in 1 week time..The first one was a bad shot,i'll admit that,but the 2nd one,was a perfect broadside shot at 23 yds..After this second one,i have decided that bowhunting is just not for me.I believe too many deer are shot and wounded and not found than many bowhunters will admit.. And it was not my equpment or shooting,I have $600 invested in my bowhunting gear and I can cut vanes at 40yds with my broadheads..I can honestly say that I could kill deer more consistantly with a 22lr than I could,or anyone else could with a Bow and arrow..Why not have a 22lr season??

Anyone else feel the same way I do about bowhunting?

Last edited by brushbustin; 10-12-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I somewhat agree. I am a bowhunter but I think certain people should not be able to bowhunt... Idiot rednecks for the most part
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default Strongly Disagree

You obviosly don't know what your doing! Peta is going to love your comments. You don't have a clue what a real bow hunter is.
Wayles
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

I stand by my comments very Firm...Alot more deer are shot and run off and are not found than most bowhunters will admit! You included wayles,if a true bowhunter just has to accept the fact that you are going to lose a deer while bowhunting,then i want no part of it..And yes a bowhunter does have to accept that as a fact of bowhunting.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Spike

Bowhunting is no diffrent than gun hunting sir. You have just as much chance of losing your deer in that sport to. Put in your practice time shooting and at the very least you will not ever doubt your shot. A week ago a friend got his first bow kill with a less than average 600$ bow, the doe ran less than 60yds and died. 3 days ago a diffrent friend made a 15yd shot broadside with the arrow passing completly through and we found ZERO blood anywhere that doe was lost. Last year I helped my dad track a buck he shot with a rifle, found blood initially then lost the trail and never recovered the deer. This happens to everybody in both sports,im not quitting either one.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Spike

So you BARELY killed a deer one year, and lost 2 the following year. How much time did you put in practicing? You have to put in the time before you can go into the woods. You don't take a shot at a deer with a rifle without first sighting it in.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think your problem is bowhunting, but in fact being a "hunter".....anyone can sling an arrow at a deer or pull the trigger.....but knowing how to properly track a deer comes with experience and it sounds like you choose not to learn from your bowhunting experiences and just give up......which is fine.....but to say that all bowhunters only wound deer to have them run off and die or not be found is being ignorant.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Spike

So how many people does not bowhunt?? and how many of those that don't bow hunt,no bowhunt because ...Enough said.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't currently bow hunt but I'd like to. I'm not accumulating anymore hunting gear because I'm getting ready to deploy overseas for 3 years. But when I get back I will more than likely get one. I think a lot of people only buy bows to take advantage of the early opportunities. Otherwise I think there would be a lot less bow hunters. I didn't need a bow to hunt early here in SC because on Aug 15th, you can hunt with whatever you want until seasons end. I prefer muzzleloader. But I'd like to get one eventually.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

If you guys don't mind,how many years have you been bowhunting??? And how many deer have you lost as a result of bowhunting?? Be honest and tell the truth..Because i find that most bowhunters won't admit the true number.As for loseing deer to gun hunting.....Sure it can happen,but not very often,I've been gun hunting since I have been 12..im 22 now and I have never lost any deer I have ever shot with my gun,that goes for ML also..So yeah,it can happen,but your chances are pretty slim if you put the bullet where it needs to go..I practed for almost a full year before taking my first deer hunt..I am an excellent shot,and i started shooting in 3D tournaments,and I think im doing pretty well,so no its not my shooting! I believe it is just the bow and arrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.