Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

turning away hunters

Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Spike

My wife and I own a small bit of property that I hunt. Two buddies have permission to hunt it any time they want, they just need to call me before they go, so we can arrange who is hunting and where. I have given those two permission because they are responsible, have invited me to hunt places they have permission on, and are always willing to pitch in when some work is needed on the place. By contrast, a woman I work with has asked me to take her boyfriend hunting a few times, the first couple of times I said that we were doing some work on the property before season and would appreciate his help. He declined to help, so I declined to take him hunting. Now when she asks, I just say that we have enough people hunting, and anymore would be dangerous. It is sort of true, but better than telling her "I dont hunt with lazy unappreciative punks".
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by javeline
All of u guys disgust me thats the problem these days, 2 many greedy hunters, thats why our hunting indusry has become what it has. now a days its all about money or who killed the biggest buck, its funny how our ancestors hunted strategicaly for food & now we hunt for score, obviously none of u guys have ever taken a buddy hunting & let me tell u i take a friend or a fam. member every chance i get & to see the glow & excitement in their faces after they have jus harvested an animal & to know that it was because of me is priceless so share with your friends & fam. what you love to do & you will be happier doing that than shooting an animal that really is'nt yours to begin with

+2 totally agree
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is a no-brainer. The person who owns and/or controls the property calls the shots. If it is a small piece that is already pretty much at its limit for hunters then why should it be an issue saying no. On the flip side, if there is an overabundance of deer, then it might make sense to let some other people take some does of it toward the end of the season when you have filled all your tags.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I usually let people hunt on mine as soon as we are finished for the year. We have Mulies coming out of our ears. We hunted three days last year and probably saw 200 deer. Probably 6 or 8 trophy size bucks and many smaller ones.