Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves >

Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves

Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves

If you want to protect your tree stand, have some respect for tree stand thieves.

First, thieves know that some hunters are either out out shape, lazy, or don't care that their tree stand is left in some wooded area.

Thieves just seem to have some magic ability to find the tree stand in some hidden, out of the way, tree location.

Thieves have an ability some hunters don't have. The thieves value a tree stand and value it enough to carry the stand -out of the woods.

Thieves just hate hunters that carry their stand into and out the woods on sach hunt. It gets real hard finding their stands sitting on a lonely tree in a hidden part of the forest.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

And you know all of this because ...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a poorly suggestive and sarcastic post that we as hunters should remove our stands each time we hunt.... OR it's our fault our stands are stolen.

Right, like I'm going to remove my portable and bring it every time I go in and out of the deer woods.

My stands stay where they are and hopefully they will be there when I get back.

iSnipe
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

My stands stay where they are and hopefully they will be there when I get back.

iSnipe[/QUOTE]

Me too! But to ensure that I add a chain and lock!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Spike

I uasully hunt out of a climber and only leave it in the woods at night. If they find it at night after I leave they are dedacated and I don't thik anything will stop them. It is a shame people can't just be honest.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

ok i'll say it.................retard

Last edited by RT1; 10-06-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I think anyone who knows where my stand is should stay well out of range! It would be easy to spot orange clad hunters in stands and mark your GPS to return for them, but why would you do it? And what if they aren't there when you come for them? Would you risk tresspassing and a $500. fine to try and steal something you could maybe pawn for $50. A double ladder stand only costs $79-150 bucks, and the risk of being caught by someone who has a gun is very high. With todays trail camera's sending intant pics to a website,and yes I set mine up to view my stands as well as game, I could be waiting at the road when you come out with my stand. I will already know if you are walking or driving, and what you are driving, and if you are armed and if you are alone. The police will have been called, and you better hope they get here and save you from me. I may even recognize you before you make that 1 1/4 mile hike/drive out, and in my state, a person may shoot to kill to protect property.
Even If I just bitch slap you and make a citizens arrest you're gonna pay a tresspassing fine to the state and damages to me. I'll charge say $150 for having to take the time to put the stand back. If I don't catch you the camera still will, day or night. Maybe you'll find the camera too and steal it,while it snaps pictures of you and where ever you take it. And all the evidence is stored on the web. You can't even take a leak around here without someone knowing. The woods are covered by more camera's than your favorite bank so you may as well go there and try for big money!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My climber goes in and out w/ me on every hunt, even on private land. That said, I hate a thief, buy your own stuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.