Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas.....-2 bucks!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

" The deer kept trying to eat the leaves off the blind while I sat inside! "

That is crazy, but pretty cool. Congrats to both of you on some great bucks. Those brow tines are insane
Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have a new place to hunt ,it also is very thick looks like only rabbits could run there but we did find some nice rubs .So do you think I should use a ground blind to hunt it also .Not very much of it is open maybe 10 to 15 yards at a time then it gets thick again .What do you think ?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Job! Did the blood from shooting your deer at 4 yards splatter on you? haha
Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by arrow2512
I have a new place to hunt ,it also is very thick looks like only rabbits could run there but we did find some nice rubs .So do you think I should use a ground blind to hunt it also .Not very much of it is open maybe 10 to 15 yards at a time then it gets thick again .What do you think ?

Well its hard to say for sure.......We cut shooting lanes where there were very slight trails. The freakin deer just loved to eat those leaves on our blind..........We found good rubs and plenty of buck droppins in there when we scouted it out before spending the time sawzalling out our shooting lanes. Good thing is I'll be back next year, and the lanes should still be there!

This pic is standing at the buck lookin into our blind where I was sittin.

This pic is of the hole I shot through to get the deer while sitting in my chair.

Here is where the buck died in relation to where I was setting.....Let me tell you it was mighty close quarters!

I took these pictures after I backed the 4 wheeler down there to drag him out. It does not look that thick in the pics but the whole area was covered with those little trees with the bright green leaves. They were like hair in there.........

I have killed a lot of deer, but never this close on the ground. I have always been up a tree when they walked down a trail under me. I was shakin pretty bad after I saw him fall!

I am glad I took the pics......It helps bring back memories!

Last edited by Team Catfish; 10-05-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, those are some crazy fantastic bucks! If you don't mind me asking, where in KS did you go (the county is fine). Also, did u takem on public land?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck of a Buck! Love the brow tines! It had to have been tough getting the gun up at 4 yds. My heart would have been pounding out of my chest!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Couple of bruisers there. Congrats!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
WOW, those are some crazy fantastic bucks! If you don't mind me asking, where in KS did you go (the county is fine). Also, did u takem on public land?
Thanks for the compliment on the bucks.......

I will tell you we did hunt public land and saw tons of sign, just not any shots while we were there......

We hunted in Jewel, Osborne, and Smith Co's. if I remember right.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude were you holding you breath? Your pretty red in the face.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

nice close shots that how it should go every time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.