Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer movement durring the rain >

Deer movement durring the rain

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer movement durring the rain

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Spike

Default Deer movement durring the rain

Yesterday morning,October 3,2009 was the opener for the Texas archery deer season,lots & lots of rain.I hunt over a corn feeder & this morning when i woke up at deercamp it was pouring down so i decided to stay in until the rain stopped. The main reason i stayed in was because ive always heard that deer dont move in the rain,but when it stopped raining at 8am i went to my treestand and the corn from this morning was completely gone. So my question is do they or do they not feed durring the rain?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was usually my favorite time to hunt when I was bowhunting. Deer do move during the rain and usually gets them to feeding. They can feel the change in pressure and this stimulates them to eat. It was also one of my favorite times to still hunt due to the ultra quietness of the ground floor when I walked.

iSnipe
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Spike

I have to agree I love to hunt in the rain the older men I use to hunt with always said that the deer didn't like to bed down because the rain hendered there hearing so they milled around most of the time when itwas raining. By the way has been rainin in east Texas all day today.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Spike

I have killed a big eight point right after a rain.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Spike

Depends on whether they are hungry or not. Rain doesn't make them feed, but if it is really storming and the wind is blowing limbs back and forth, they will stay bedded.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Spike

thanks for the info guys from here on out ill be hunting in the rain "The Truth,Rage broadheads
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Magic
Depends on whether they are hungry or not. Rain doesn't make them feed, but if it is really storming and the wind is blowing limbs back and forth, they will stay bedded.
thats an awesome buck majic, what cal. rifle is that in your photo
Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer a light rain. Helps cover sound and scent as well.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

More likely, they will move/eat just before a storm moves in so they can stay in the bedding area.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by barr151
More likely, they will move/eat just before a storm moves in...
Yes, like when it starts to rain!

iSnipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.