HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Scored on my first buck with my crossbow! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/305734-scored-my-first-buck-my-crossbow.html)

nosfedgta 10-03-2009 05:08 PM

Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!

Well on oct 1st I put a post up about how furstrated I was getting. I was glad to see some of the replies and advice. After reading the replies and getting motivated again I went to the woods.

Well looks like things turned around for me! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot

Well looks like things turned around for me tonight! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot

WM Greening 10-03-2009 05:29 PM

Congulations! :party0005: Good buck. Sounds like everything was in alinement for you.

HooSIER|Hunter 10-03-2009 05:29 PM

Nice buck, Congrats

iSnipe 10-03-2009 05:30 PM

That's cool. Very interesting you get to SEE pictures of a buck before you wack'em! Congrat's. Now all you have to do is go back and show WileyCoyote who's da boss!

Good hunt, good pics and great post!

iSnipe

timbercruiser 10-03-2009 05:34 PM

Nice tall rack buck. I don't understand what the problem is with some people being anti crossbow, but I guess it takes all kinds.

turkeygirl2 10-03-2009 05:36 PM

That's a big 7 point! Congrats!

1shotkill1993 10-03-2009 05:37 PM

Congrats!!!

Hunt4Life23 10-03-2009 07:15 PM

Nice buck! Way to stay with it and get back out there. Congrats!!

FlDeerman 10-04-2009 12:06 AM

Nice buck!!

rustynobles 10-04-2009 04:20 AM

good shooting. you're lucky in that you can use your crossbow. north carolina screwed around and now we can't use crossbows this year, after i'd already invested in one. but nice deer either way.