Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Scored on my first buck with my crossbow! >

Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!

Well on oct 1st I put a post up about how furstrated I was getting. I was glad to see some of the replies and advice. After reading the replies and getting motivated again I went to the woods.

Well looks like things turned around for me! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot

Well looks like things turned around for me tonight! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot

Old 10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Spike

Congulations! Good buck. Sounds like everything was in alinement for you.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck, Congrats
Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's cool. Very interesting you get to SEE pictures of a buck before you wack'em! Congrat's. Now all you have to do is go back and show WileyCoyote who's da boss!

Good hunt, good pics and great post!

iSnipe
Old 10-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice tall rack buck. I don't understand what the problem is with some people being anti crossbow, but I guess it takes all kinds.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

That's a big 7 point! Congrats!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Way to stay with it and get back out there. Congrats!!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck!!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

good shooting. you're lucky in that you can use your crossbow. north carolina screwed around and now we can't use crossbows this year, after i'd already invested in one. but nice deer either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.