Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This dang gun of mine!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I would take the gun and have the scope checked.

JW
Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

I had this happen to me with a $500 Sightron scope. It was the scope. Go figure!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Southern Buck
Hey guys I am haveing some trouble sighting in my 30-06 getting pretty frustrated with it. started out about 2" high and to the left about 1.5" adjusted to the right and hit right where I wanted put another bullet in and wam hit right where I wanted shot a few more time and the bullets were hitting all over the target adjusted for the next shot wouldnt get any closer. I am shooting a 180 rem. core lokts has anyone had any trouble with these bullets or is it tha dang gun? Its got me ready to take it to the pawn shop and go and buy a brand new rifle and start with a clean slate.
what brand of gun is it, let me guess, a remington.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
what brand of gun is it, let me guess, a remington.
No its a ruger I went back out after super and took some of the advice I had gotten from some you and like makeing sure I have a good front and rear rest I tightened the rear action screw and watching how much pressure I put on the barrel took my time and let it cool and its grouping alot better now.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Southern Buck
No its a ruger
HaHaHa forget what I said about the front and rear rest, toss that thing and buy a remington

Just kidding
Old 09-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol.......
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
HaHaHa forget what I said about the front and rear rest, toss that thing and buy a remington

Just kidding
I was about ready to done picked me one out it wasnt a remi though it was a brownie A-Bolt White Gold Medallion, now that mines shooting better I guess I wont be getting it now, DANG IT, was a beutiful gun though Ill have one one day I need to put it out of my mind $1300 price tag kinda hurt tha pocket book.