Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Superstitious Hunters????

Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have a lucky ATV if i drive my racing quad ( exhaust hits 95 decibels ) out to the stand then i always see deer but if i drive the old quite one then i don't see anything. Weird i know!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I allways try to have venison (steak or sausage) for breakfast when hunting...having a little bit of the "spirit" in me.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Spike

I always take a Knife my dad made. it's a cheap little paring knife from the grocery store that he took the wood handle off and inserted the blade into a antler.. then made a leather sheath. It ALWAYS goes with me, I must have been 15 when he started making them, I got mine before anyone else other then himself.. Now that he has past I will never hunt without it.. at 25 years old it has seen better days.. he is the one who taught me to hunt and instilled that fact that hunting is more then killing game.. And for that i I am truley indebted..
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Spike

Smile

I have a small troll doll that I've been using since 1977, my wife laughs but I've always have good luck taking it in the woods with me. But I'm not superstitous. good luck deerman
Old 10-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MD DEERHUNTER
I just want to know how many superstitious hunters are out there? A few years ago I had a friend of mine give me a Canadian coin which has a Moose on one side of the coin. Not a deer but close enough. When I'm sitting in my stand and start getting frustrated because I haven't seen anything move all day I start rubbing my coin and all of a sudden I start seeing deer. Maybe its just coincedence? Or I'd like to think that my coin is bringing me good luck. Do you hunters bring good luck charms with when you go into the woods on opening morning? I'd like to know.
heres 1 4 u if i dont have my gun or bow in hand i wont kill squat so i make sure to always carrie 1 or the other b 4 entering the woods lol
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Spike

I listen to Fred Bear by Ted Nugent on the way out to EVERY hunt. Always gets me pumped and ready to get out there and hunt!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Spike

i have a part of the tail of my first deer that i killed and everytime i remember to touch it before i leave the truck i kill a deer. oh and i always eat the same food on huntin days.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Spike

Cardeer necklace, always seems to work, have loaned it out a couple times to young hunters and it has worked for them. My daughter won't go hunting unless I have the Cardeer necklace on.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where's "a bar of soap"? He carries a lucky bar of soap in his backpack
Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have had a couple nice bucks come when I had toilet paper in hand and looking for a spot to squat. Got them both, and I shot one while taking a leak once. Don't know if he died from the wound or the shock of seeing a heavily armed man with his junk hanging out. He may have thought far worse things were about to happen than being shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.