Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How does this land look?

Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Spike

Default How does this land look?

Hey All,

Looking through different properties, and I was wondering what y'all think about small acreages for hunting---specifically this tract. Do you think it looks any good?

Approximately= 35 acres.

I understand that when choosing small hunting tracts, there are many things to search for. Cooperation among landowners, QDM, landowners, deer population, water, tree species,etc.,---However, what I'm asking is---what do you think first glance? Good/ Bad/ Ugly?
Attached Thumbnails How does this land look?-landhunting.jpg  
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, this looks like a fine hunting spot. You have some open areas, fence rows, and a nice funnel too. Looks like some crops are planted to the south...
Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks pretty promising to me.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
IMO, this looks like a fine hunting spot. You have some open areas, fence rows, and a nice funnel too. Looks like some crops are planted to the south...
Thanks for your response buckmark:

I thought it looked pretty good as well. Got lots of water. Big duck pond---surrounded by cropland. Lots of open area.

Anybody else???????

Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

looks good to me-i like that stream bed that runs through. perfect funnel set up. id hunt it. what state is this in?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rh160kid
looks good to me-i like that stream bed that runs through. perfect funnel set up. id hunt it. what state is this in?
Unfortunately, just found out that the land is under contract. Looks like someone beat me to the punch. Northern MO---big buck country--prime turkey & great flyway for ducks as well. Not to mention---a big duck pond. Someone got a great deal.

-B
Old 09-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as the property - it is what it is.

As for it being under contract - that could go either way. Keep your iron in the fire because financing isn't as easy to get these days. If you really want it - don't blink.

But at the same time it doesn't hurt to keep looking. I've seen a couple guys lose out on a piece of property they had their hearts set on only to happen upon land they feel blessed with.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Spike

The only thing that I saw that I would prefer not be there are roads on two sides. It won't be the spot that deer retreat to where they know there won't be any pressure.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would put in a back counter offer, maybe a little more than asking if you really want it. Like Uncle Matt said, getting loans on property is extremely hard to get right now. As to the land I had rather have 35 acres in the right place than 1,000 acres in the wrong place.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good to me, try to find a spot where the deer are coming from that feild to their bedding areas and vice versa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.